Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Jazz in no hurry to sign guard

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595089790,00.html

"O'Connor declined to speculate on the Jazz's prospective signees, but it seems reasonable to assume that one candidate will be former Weber State star Jermaine Boyette, who played with the Jazz's summer-league team. Another possibility is veteran Travis Best, who the Jazz were rumored to have interest in last summer. A long-shot prospect is Dan Dickau, recently traded to Dallas but expected to be cut by the Mavericks"

I'm saying... why not try to trade Dickau with a second-round pick to Utah, and get back the first-round pick that Dallas will have to send in Podkolzine trade?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zuca</b>!

I'm saying... why not try to trade Dickau with a second-round pick to Utah, and get back the first-round pick that Dallas will have to send in Podkolzine trade?
This is not realistic. Why would Utah trade back the No. 1 pick for a scrub like Dickau? Even if you would like it to happen, that would be a deal that makes no sense for Utah.

You could find a better player than Dickau off the street.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>A.W.#8</b>!
I wish the the Mavericks absolutely no luck next year. I hope they just drop like a sack of meat.
Still mad about trading away Terry for Walker? Or do you just want every other team to feel the way that you've felt the past five years?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MavsFaN02</b>!

Still mad about trading away Terry for Walker? Or do you just want every other team to feel the way that you've felt the past five years?
Valid question. And the answer is that I hate the Mavs because they are always on Dirk's junk. Also, because they helped ruin toine's rep as a great player.

·
Registered
460 Posts

Valid question. And the answer is that I hate the Mavs because they are always on Dirk's junk. Also, because they helped ruin toine's rep as a great player.
When did Walker have the rep of a great player? To me, he's never been a great player, just a good player that has no clue how to use his god-given gifts well enough to be a great player. Also, if Dirk wasn't a top ten player in the NBA, I don't believe everyone would be all over his "junk"... Let me know when you get a better player. Also, let me know if you find a more versatile scoring 7 footer.

I really don't feel like I have to defend Dirk over Walker, because it's clear who the better player is.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MavsFaN02</b>!

I really don't feel like I have to defend Dirk over Walker, because it's clear who the better player is.
Well I don't think I said that Walker was better than Dirk, but what I do mean is Walker is one of the better players in the league. People are envious of his talent, and he HAS shown flashes of how great he could be. Last year, with the Mavs everyone just seemed to forget about it, because Don shoved him on to the bench.

Also, Dirk is good, but he is a touch over-rated. He can't play defense, and he's not a much of a creator. Offensively he's one of the best, but in terms of all-around greatness, he's not even close.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!

This is not realistic. Why would Utah trade back the No. 1 pick for a scrub like Dickau? Even if you would like it to happen, that would be a deal that makes no sense for Utah.

You could find a better player than Dickau off the street.
Because Dallas 1st round will be one of the last 1st rounders... And with Dickau, they'll get a 2nd rounder too (it will be one of the last seconders too...)... Maybe throwing some little cash it works...

·
Registered
3,819 Posts

People are envious of his talent, and he HAS shown flashes of how great he could be.
Name one player who would want Antoine Walker's "talent"?

Flashes of how great he could be? So he's inconsistent?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Walker is a good player... This year he will try to prove that he can be a star... which I don't think he can be (I hope that I'm wrong)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!

Name one player who would want Antoine Walker's "talent"?

Flashes of how great he could be? So he's inconsistent?
Guy, don't say that he doesn't have talent. If you watch him, you know he does. I coud name several players that would wish for his skills.

AS for your second point, he is inconsistent at being great. He has many great games, and he has some pretty bad games. I'm a huge fan, and I'm the first to admit that he needs to be more consistent at doing the things he does best.

·
Registered
460 Posts
How can you knock Dirk, then call him one of the best players in the league? I really don't understand? Don't the Pacers fans talk up Jermaine, the Magic fans hype McGrady last year, the Raptors even talk up VC!

I just don't understand why we can't talk up Dirk considering he's better than all of them.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
And to make you happy: Bruce Bowen would want his talent.
Bruce Bowen can hit threes already AND play D. Antoine Walker is just like Pat Garrity.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!

Bruce Bowen can hit threes already AND play D. Antoine Walker is just like Pat Garrity.
I'm not going to argue with you man, because you don't have any idea on this one.

I would weclome anybody who wants to come on here and say that Walker is just like Garrity. It would be a nice laugh.

If you don't know anything about the players, don't say anything man.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Walker is NOT like Pat Garrity, Walker has flaws to his game but he was the leader of the Celtics for many years and took them to the 3rd round of the playoffs on his back. People need to give credit where credit is due....Paul Peirce is a great player but he's not a leader, Antoine Walker was the "leader" of the Celtics while he was in Boston and they fell flat on their faces without him last year.
Dallas was just not a good situation for Antoine....he's a point forward, he needs the ball in his hands and there were too many people who wanted the ball in Dallas. In Atlanta that ball is gonna be like a hot potato, no one's gonna want it but Walker and Harrington and Antoine will have a very good year for them.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts