Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
peeps consider the mavs 29 wins so far as disappointing? man they've played one of the toughest schedules in the nba so far. Peeps are choosing melo, miller, and payton over nash and dirk? Brand? man this is sad

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!
peeps consider the mavs 29 wins so far as disappointing? man <b>they've played one of the toughest schedules in the nba so far. Peeps are choosing melo, miller, and payton over nash and dirk? Brand? </b> man this is sad
Interesting, isn't it? Fans are fickle in their love, it seems. We love some players and others we don't, and we even get overly emotional about it and then complain that women are emotional? Double standard there. :D

Maybe the Mavs will sneak up on teams during the playoffs - people forget about hard stretches in the scheduling(Lakers are finally having their difficult stretch). Everyone expects that of the Lakers, so maybe the Mavs will do it, too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Every fan (even if they choose not to admitt it) has their biases.
Some are worse then others.
Some just are not able to reconize the difference between their personal opinion of a player or team they don't like with their basketball opinion.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I hope the Mavs win this year if the Lakers don't win.

My 3 favorite teams in order are

Lakers
Mavs
Grizzlies

Mavs deserve respect, but they have to earn it in the playoffs. Mavs fans shouldn't worry too much because you guys have a good a shot as anyone this year if the Lakers stay hurt.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
You talk trash about the Mavericks when they go ahead of the Spurs, and when the Mavericks fall behind again, you want respect?
Don't look at me. In the words of EHL(some Laker homer) I have a "hard on" for Texas teams. Which I guess he was trying to make it sound bad that I always root for teams from my state.

Mavs, Spurs, then Rockets
Cowboys then Texans
Astros then Rangers
Austin Ice Bats and the Stars
Austin Wrangers and Dallas Desperados
UT Sports

Loyalty to the home team. Not enough people have it these days.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevemc</b>!

Don't look at me. In the words of EHL(some Laker homer) I have a "hard on" for Texas teams. Which I guess he was trying to make it sound bad that I always root for teams from my state.

Mavs, Spurs, then Rockets
Cowboys then Texans
Astros then Rangers
Austin Ice Bats and the Stars
Austin Wrangers and Dallas Desperados
UT Sports

I agree with you. I am Laker fan first and foremost(born near LA and live near LA), but I like basketball. Lakers are my favorite team and always will be.

P.S. All laker fans aren't homers...

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>compsciguy78</b>!
P.S. All laker fans aren't homers...
I know... but many are :D

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevemc</b>!

UT Sports

That's a negative:D

There is nothing wrong with supporting your home team. That is kinda how/why everyone likes there team(s).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.