Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minnesota trades: SF Kevin Garnett (21.2 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 5.2 apg in 39.2 minutes)
Minnesota receives: SG Michael Finley (20.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.3 apg in 39.9 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (17.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.7 apg in 34.6 minutes)
PG Avery Johnson (7.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 19.9 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (4.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +29.3 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +10.4 apg.

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (20.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.3 apg in 39.9 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (17.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.7 apg in 34.6 minutes)
PG Avery Johnson (7.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 4.2 apg in 19.9 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (4.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Kevin Garnett (21.2 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 5.2 apg in 81 games)
Change in team outlook: -29.3 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and -10.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Minnesota and Dallas being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Minnesota and Dallas had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

After this the Mavs sign Mitch Richmond to the veteran's minimum. Richmond would probably love to play with Don Nelson again.

Mavs Lineup
pg-Van Exel
sg-Richmond
sf-Nowitstki
pf-Garnett
C-Lafrentz

T-Wolves Lineup
pg-Nash
sg-Finley
sf-Szerbiak
pf-Smith
c-Nestorvic/Bradley

Comments?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hmmm. I guess this works, but I actually don't love the deal from Dallas' perspective. In KG, Dirk and Raef, Dallas has a frontcourt of 3 lithe, slender guys, none of whom are rough and tough bangers. And none of whom is a true center who can throw their weight around in the Western Conference. And I'd much rather have Nash than Van Exel as the floor leader. As much as I like Garnett's game, I don't think this trade would push the Mavs over the top.

·
Registered
450 Posts
as a twolve fan, i love it, they finally get a pg and a center! where did you hear this, give me a link, this is a great trade! but i dont know what im gonna do with my kg jersey.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!
as a twolve fan, i love it, they finally get a pg and a center! where did you hear this, give me a link, this is a great trade! but i dont know what im gonna do with my kg jersey.
There is no link he made it up on realgm. It won't ever happen.:no:

·
Registered
72 Posts
the mavs would never do this...that trade is just one he thought up because he wishs the twolves were better.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Why would the Mavericks give up 2/3 of what makes them good to get a big man who they already own? Dirk is obviosly better than KG and they would be vying for the same spot. If you started both of them you would still have an undersized (wieght wise) front court.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts