Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the reefs try to give that game away. nash didnt even come close to starbury on that bs 3pter, and they call a bogus foul on him..anyways he was too cluch in overtime..go mavs go!!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The Mavericks don't seem to get much respect from the refs.
Most elite teams get the benefit of the doubt but it doesn't seem to work that way for the Mavericks.

At least they won.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Is it just me or does Don Nelson look like he is perpetually about to have a heart attack?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Antoine

doesn't get much love from a lot of fans, but Antoine Walker had a triple-double with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists in their win against the Knicks.
I think many fans only notice scoring, but not the rest of the game. Walker also sets great picks.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: Antoine

Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!
doesn't get much love from a lot of fans, but Antoine Walker had a triple-double with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists in their win against the Knicks.
I think many fans only notice scoring, but not the rest of the game. Walker also sets great picks.
Beautifully said.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Re: Antoine

Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!
It seems whatever he does it will never be enough aslong as the anointed star of the team isn't getting all the credit.
I saw this in Boston and I am seeing signs of it (with the fans) in Dallas.

In the Dallas papers (online) that I read they didn't even mention what Antoine did in that game. The orginal AP recap didn't mention him either. I noticed he didn't take a shot in the overtime. I don't remember him handling the ball at all either and he had been doing a great job of that all game (11 assists)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: Re: Antoine

Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!

It seems whatever he does it will never be enough aslong as the anointed star of the team isn't getting all the credit.
I saw this in Boston and I am seeing signs of it (with the fans) in Dallas.

In the Dallas papers (online) that I read they didn't even mention what Antoine did in that game. The orginal AP recap didn't mention him either. I noticed he didn't take a shot in the overtime. I don't remember him handling the ball at all either and he had been doing a great job of that all game (11 assists)
I think that a lot of people think that Toine is in it to take all the credit, so they don't realize the stuff that he does to help his team. They'd rather hype up another solid offensive performance from a Maverick than talk about the guy who made big plays(with the end of game give away as the exception), sets up the offense, and rebounds.

Untill people realize what kind of a player he is, he will never recieve the credit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts