Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were in desperate need of a big man.
So maybe we should reach in and get someone out of the NBDL for a temporary solution. What's the hurt in signing one of these guys to a 10 day.

Mikki Moore
Height 6'11
Weight 225
21 ppg 9.0 rpg 1.6 bpg 557 fg%

Karim Shabazz
Height 7'1
weight 240
6.0 ppg 7.6 rpg 2.0 bpg

Jason Collier
height 7'0
weight 260
15.4 ppg 7.0rpg

There's a few more that stand out, but I'm to lazy to reasearch about them.

I know that the NBDL is not a high level, but considering the success of Dupree on Chicago maybe it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
We had the #1 pick in the NBDL draft, Ken Johnson, and he wasn't good enough to make the team. I we were to find a player in the NBDL, he would be the first person we would look at.
Ya I looked up in him before I made this thread. He doesn't seem to be having as much success as the other guys above.

8.5 ppg 5.8 rpg but a whopping 2.7 bpg:eek:

still maybe he's worth a try. Just to have an extra big.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
What kills me about the Raptors is that our biggest needs are at C and PG. But better teams than us, teams with decent depth at these positions, have already signed 10-day players at those positions while we do nothing.

Every type of big man we could possibly want is out there. There are experienced Vets, young projects, and everything in between. Large bodies, quick bodies, scorers, defenders, anything you want. Not star players, but guys who can give you 10 strong minutes every night and sometimes more.

And of course we do have Moiso who would probably look like a superstar in the NBDL as someone already said.

KO is either ridiculously picky about who we get, or GG is determined to acquire our next big through a trade. Unless we get a star C though, I think KO will continue with his incredibly short rotation and the new guy will be on the bench and not be able to help us anyway

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
we'd do alot better just focusing on the players we have now.

the solution to our problems doesn't lie outside the roster, but inside it.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by DINOSAUR!
Ya I looked up in him before I made this thread. He doesn't seem to be having as much success as the other guys above.

8.5 ppg 5.8 rpg but a whopping 2.7 bpg :eek:
You have to remember that Johnson is producing these stats with limited minutes in the NBDL. That league tries to give every player somewhat equal playing oppurtunity, so in essence, NBA scouts can get a good look at many players in that league.

I don't know how many minutes Johnson is playing in the NBDL, but I would venture to say that it is only around 20 a game. Nearly 9 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks is a great stat line in only 20 minutes. He is a project, but a team like the Raps should give him a look with a 10 day contract.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C-MO 22 LD</b>!

You have to remember that Johnson is producing these stats with limited minutes in the NBDL. That league tries to give every player somewhat equal playing oppurtunity, so in essence, NBA scouts can get a good look at many players in that league.

I don't know how many minutes Johnson is playing in the NBDL, but I would venture to say that it is only around 20 a game. Nearly 9 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks is a great stat line in only 20 minutes. He is a project, but a team like the Raps should give him a look with a 10 day contract.
He couldn't make the cut in training camp. What makes you think he can do any better when given a chance to play?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.