Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Who is watching this tomorrow? I'm pretty excited for it, hope Canelo will win but I think Mayweather will stay undefeated with defense and when via decision in typical fashion.

If Canelo can catch him clean a couple times, he has the power to make things go differently though

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
I'm catching this, have to go with Mayweather. I don't think it goes to decision though, ends before that.

Pretty hyped for Garcia/Matthysse too.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Give me Saul.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
What fight was that judge who called it a draw watching?

Mayweather man, no one beating him in the near future.

·
51,478 Posts
How does CJ Ross have a job?

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
With 4 fights left I would like to see Floyd fight Garcia/Matthysse/Pacquiao with one rematch against either 1 of the 3 (hopefully Pacquiao). Outside of these 3 guys I don't see anyone that can at least generate an interesting fight against Floyd. Amir Khan sucks and Broner is way overrated.

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No longer interested in a pacquiao fight with mayweather personally.. But pay attention to the Pacquiao/Rios fight coming up in november. The winner of that will probably draw consideration.

Also the Marquez/Bradley fight as well..

Other names in addition to the others you named could be Alvarado or Sergio Martinez... This time last year i would have loved Martinez vs mayweather if money would have moved up in weight... but sergio looked like he got old fast in his last fight vs Murray so I'm good with passing on him. Trout wont get consideration as he was walloped by Canelo in their match.

Marcos Maidana? Meh

Maybe Devon Alexander / Amir Khan winner? meh

I dont want Broner.. mostly because i agree that he is overrated.. but also he is such a clown. Mayweather at least has the track record proven.. this guy is just a wannabe.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
No longer interested in a pacquiao fight with mayweather personally.. But pay attention to the Pacquiao/Rios fight coming up in november. The winner of that will probably draw consideration.

Also the Marquez/Bradley fight as well..

Other names in addition to the others you named could be Alvarado or Sergio Martinez... This time last year i would have loved Martinez vs mayweather if money would have moved up in weight... but sergio looked like he got old fast in his last fight vs Murray so I'm good with passing on him. Trout wont get consideration as he was walloped by Canelo in their match.

Marcos Maidana? Meh

Maybe Devon Alexander / Amir Khan winner? meh

I dont want Broner.. mostly because i agree that he is overrated.. but also he is such a clown. Mayweather at least has the track record proven.. this guy is just a wannabe.
I can't think of anyone other than those 3. I think Pacquiao would be a good fight considering the alternatives. I really don't want to see Mayweather fight any middleweights. Sergio Martinez dropping down to 154 would be too weak and slow, that fight would be a bore fest just like this one. Floyd needs to go against people in the 140-147lb range and the 3 that I mentioned are the only ones that have a legitimate shot at making the fight interesting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts