Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah he got 2 technicals against the Nuggets which led to him being ejected. The first tech was for the chest bumping with KG, the other I don't remember. But he gets fined $1,000 for each tech and for the ejection. Pretty lame in my book.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
sheefo13 said:
Yeah he got 2 technicals against the Nuggets which led to him being ejected. The first tech was for the chest bumping with KG, the other I don't remember. But he gets fined $1,000 for each tech and for the ejection. Pretty lame in my book.
I concur that.

It is just too much. Chest bumping with his own teammate just to celebrate? It's too friggin' ridiculous!

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that is the case too, why isn't a guy like Keyon Martin fined everytime he slaps the back board or does whatever he does... I do remember Melo and Demarr Johnson bumping chests too though.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Meh, not a big deal, he only got the techs cus he's a rookie.

The 2nd tech was for dunking on Camby. It was #5 in the top 10 on nba.com.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Come on, guys, you know McCants wasn't just celebrating. He was taunting the Denver players (which is interesting, considering Denver led almost the whole way). Is it worth a $3,000 fine? Eh, prolly not, but it's not along the lines of just celebrating a dunk. He was taunting.

McCants seems like he has a bit of an attitude problem. I hope he gets it straightened out, because he could be a really good player.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RoddneyThaRippa said:
Come on, guys, you know McCants wasn't just celebrating. He was taunting the Denver players (which is interesting, considering Denver led almost the whole way). Is it worth a $3,000 fine? Eh, prolly not, but it's not along the lines of just celebrating a dunk. He was taunting.

McCants seems like he has a bit of an attitude problem. I hope he gets it straightened out, because he could be a really good player.
I am going to agree, but I don't think it is an attitude problem. He has confidence. It is the kind of swagger we need.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Socco, thanks for that link! I turned off the game at that point, but man did he posterize Camby!!!!!! Heh, that was great, AND worth the money. That will be a poster... I garuantee it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If I were McCants I'd be proud of the fine. 3 G's to posterize Camby! Worth it.

He staired Camby down after the dunk and received the second tech. I was at the game and quite proud of the man I was hoping would fall to Denver in the first round.

He looks great so far.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
socco said:
Meh, not a big deal, he only got the techs cus he's a rookie.

The 2nd tech was for dunking on Camby. It was #5 in the top 10 on nba.com.
Man, what a one handed dunk especially when a big man guards over him.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I've never understood the whole appeal with McCants....He reminds me a lot of Isiah Rider, his game is good, but you never know whats going on in his head.....

As a Blazer fan, ticking time bomb type players are the worst....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts