Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel really guilty for disliking Walter McCarty so much. I know that Waltah is a great human being and a class act in the locker room. If he were single and my daughter brought him home and wanted to marry him, I'd be delighted.

I just don't want to watch him play basketball.

I have no idea what kind of person Brandon Hunter is. But here is what he has done in his 36 total minutes of NBA basketball:

21 points, (10-18, 1-2 from the line)
17 rebounds (10 defensive, 7 offensive)
0 3 point attempts
3 steals
0 blocked shots
2 turnovers
2 fouls
1 assist

You can argue that a number of his baskets and rebounds came in garbage time. On the other hand, Hunter has put up these numbers coming in cold off the bench without being part of the regular rotation. As anyone knows who has played the game, that is difficult to do.

Those 7 offensive rebounds just jump out at you. Walter McCarty has played 911 minutes and has managed just 11 offensive rebounds for the entire year.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
O'Brien too emotionally attached

Well, you all know what I think about Waltah. I think he is a valuable role player who can be a good 8th or 9th man. I think O'Brien was so emotionally attached to him, though, that he started him a lot (even though our record with him starting is like 10-5), even when he should have been playing Mihm or someone else.

Hunter will play almost every game now. I think O'Brien's reluctance to play Hunter factored into some of the friction with Ainge.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: O'Brien too emotionally attached

I think O'Brien's reluctance to play Hunter factored into some of the friction with Ainge.
I wouldn't be surprised, although Ainge did not speak that glowingly of Hunter during Danny's conference call with the season ticket holders. He said the usual stuff: Hunter has alot to learn, etc.

IMHO they guy that Danny felt O"Brien was really holding back was Mihm.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Excellent posts guys. I couldn't agree w/ your points more.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Re: O'Brien too emotionally attached

Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

I wouldn't be surprised, although Ainge did not speak that glowingly of Hunter during Danny's conference call with the season ticket hoders. He said the usual stuff: Hunter has alot to learn, etc.

IMHO they guy that Danny felt O"Brien was really holding back was Mihm.
me to, thats why he had such a big gma the night obie was fired. And why they dont appear to blitz the picks so chris doesnt pick up the stupid fouls..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Re: Re: O'Brien too emotionally attached

Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>!

me to, thats why he had such a big gma the night obie was fired. And why they dont appear to blitz the picks so chris doesnt pick up the stupid fouls..
Yeah, all Mihm has to do is stay on the floor and he'll almost certainly put up numbers.

I was checking out his game log stats from this year, and here's his pts/boards in the games in which he's gotten over 28 minutes:

21/9
13/12
14/13
16/9

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Good work on the Hunter and McCarty stats Big John.

Nice posts here.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: O'Brien too emotionally attached

Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>!

Mihm still picked up stupid fouls (especially #6), but not because he was blitzing the pick and roll. Actually, I don't recall that the Pistons even used a high pick and roll.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: O'Brien too emotionally attached

Mihm still picked up stupid fouls (especially #6), but not because he was blitzing the pick and roll. Actually, I don't recall that the Pistons even used a high pick and roll.
yes he fouled out but the fouls he comitted were not of the variety he usually comitts. One pretty hard foul to stop a layup, a foul where he got fooled by an upfake. I remember perhaps one fouling a guard. i think rip the actor gave a Good performance on one also..

I also find it interesting jiri had his best game in a while too.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Walter McCarty has played 911 minutes and has managed just 11 offensive rebounds for the entire year.
Well, Its hard getting offensive rebounds camping on the 3 point line. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts