Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On ESPN.

Catch the next great big man in the NBA, Greg Oden. Had 4 blocks in like 6 minutes, completely changing every shot around the rim.

A lot of good talent to go around, atleast a few future NBA players.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Oden looks like a young Shaq (maybe a bit less thick)

·
Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
Oden looks tremendous. He's so mobile and has a fantastic frame for a center. Not just tall, and not wide, but tall and well-built. Body-wise, I definitely think David Robinson is the best comparison.

He moves well, has soft hands to receive passes, can handle the ball a bit and tremendous athleticism. Whoever gets him will have a ridiculously valuable asset on their hands. I'm already certain he'll be very successful at the NBA level. Like James, he's not a guy you have to imagine what he'll be like when he develops skills...he's already a polished product. He could contribute in the NBA today. He won't be a project.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Anyone just see that terrible pass off the back board. When I saw him coming down the court I though maybe he'd try it, but he couldn't be THAT stupid. He proved me wrong. The ball went careening in the wrong direction.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
This is why the T-Wolves need to trade KG and tank the season (in hopes of getting Oden). It's their only shot at being relevant.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Minstrel, #34 on red is Brandan Wright. They said earlier that his wingspan is 7'10, I'm not sure where they got that information from, but he looks every bit of it in my opinion. He is lengthy as hell.

On a side note, this isn't a very good look at Oden. He has played limited minutes because of his wrist. Kind of a shame.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
DaBigTicketKG21 said:
Great game for scouting. Im switching between this game and the Jazz-Nuggets.
Actually, for scouting, it's not a very good game to watch. But of course, it's nice to get a feel of what these guys can do.

Oden has been nothing short of amazing. He just changes the game out there. Did you guys see the East lead before Oden hurt his wrist?

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,213 Posts
SlamJam said:
lawson the pg coming to unc is quick as hell, he's like another felton
Lawson is SICK, I saw him play in a game against a team called Montrose-Christian (they actually have Kevin Durant, who is also a great prospect)

Lawson's handles are unbelievable, he has pro-level ball handling and finishing skills. He is a great shooter too, AND great defender. He would be a 1st round pick if he was eligible for the draft.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gian said:
Oden has been nothing short of amazing. He just changes the game out there. Did you guys see the East lead before Oden hurt his wrist?
I was about to mention that. I would love to see the +/- for Greg Oden in this game. The east has built double digits lead with him in there, then gone down without him out there, then built it back to almost double digits with him, now the west with a double digit lead that started once he went out.

Maybe a coincedence, but I doubt it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
Lawson is only 5'11 and I personally feel that at the pro level, Javaris Crittenton will be a better player.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
HKF said:
Lawson is only 5'11 and I personally feel that at the pro level, Javaris Crittenton will be a better player.
Lawson has had a pretty hard time keeping this game in his control. When I see him, I don't really see a Point Guard at the pro level, not yet at least.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.