Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, maybe he does, but he did leave Toronto where they could've had two of the top 5 players in the East on the same team, maybe even the top 2. But he wanted to go somewhere that would allow him to be the star. He put his numbers ahead of winning, that's why I'm not a Tmac fan and never will be.

·
Registered
450 Posts
if he didnt go to orlando, he wouldnt have developed into what he is now, a great player. sure, he put his numbers in front of winning, but what nba player doesnt?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Horry doesn't

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by <b>moTIGS</b>!
Well, maybe he does, but he did leave Toronto where they could've had two of the top 5 players in the East on the same team, maybe even the top 2. But he wanted to go somewhere that would allow him to be the star. He put his numbers ahead of winning, that's why I'm not a Tmac fan and never will be.
I guess you don't like Kobe either, since he refused to play for New Jersey or Charlotte and forced a trade to Los Angeles. A real team player..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: Re: McGrady doesn't care about winning

Originally posted by <b>KC</b>!

I guess you don't like Kobe either, since he refused to play for New Jersey or Charlotte and forced a trade to Los Angeles. A real team player..... :rolleyes:

That makes no sense. Kobe leaves a those sorry teams wre he could be the man to go to Lakers and Win championships.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Re: Re: Re: McGrady doesn't care about winning

Originally posted by <b>nima86</b>!

That makes no sense. Kobe leaves a those sorry teams wre he could be the man to go to Lakers and Win championships.
You are missing the whole concept young man. He couldn't have possibly known that the Lakers would go on to sign Shaq and win 3 championships. He wanted more exposure and a chance to showcase his skills. He didn't do the tradition thing and go along with the team that drafted him.

·
Registered
133 Posts
didnt t-mac go to orlando knowing that grant hill was gonna be there and guessing they would have the best team in the east like everybody else thought?

·
Registered
338 Posts
here he goes again starting another argument about kobe. No one even said any thing about him he didnt even compare tmac to him but u had to go and make this another lets talk about how kobe did all these things.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: McGrady doesn't care about winning

You are missing the whole concept young man. He couldn't have possibly known that the Lakers would go on to sign Shaq and win 3 championships. He wanted more exposure and a chance to showcase his skills. He didn't do the tradition thing and go along with the team that drafted him.

Hey buddy the lakers were still a playoff team and the Hornets and Nets werent that good. HE didnt know hed have Shaq and 3 championships but he knew he was going to a team that makes the playoffs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Re: McGrady doesn't care about winning

Kobe was in a similar situation where he felt his talent was being wasted. He was patient, worked hard in practice and when he got his chance he took advantage of it. I forget what coach it was that said that now that Kobe has gotten a chance to start he'd never be able to get him out of the starting line up. Kobe also had to leap frog over two pretty darn good guards in Eddie Jones and Nick VE.

I don't know what the heck happened in Toronto. Was managemennt THAT blind? Kobe advised T-Mac to be patient, he'd get his chance. But he didn't want to go that route. He chose to leave. He's the man now in Orlando - but it MAY cost him his chance to be a champion.

But anyway you look at it, there is nothing wrong with either of these decisions. They did was was right for them.

I won't fool myself into thinking that 17 year old Kobe was pulling the strings on draft day. I have no doubt that Kobe's dad, his agent, and Jerry West were.

Kobe, a Net?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>moTIGS</b>!

That's the Knock on TMac in the past....
His desire for the game is questionable??
He's a great player though, and with G.Hill hopefully healthy next season, it should bring out the best in TMac

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twolvefan11</b>!

theres one out of a million then, name another one.

Uh. let's see-RICK FOX(took a big pay cut),JOHN STOCKTON(will do anything to win a title, likes to pass and not boost his stats all the time)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I 100% totally disagree with the original poster of this topic. The Magic definetly had a better upside and chance to win then the Toronto Raptors. Grant Hill was injured in Detroit before he came to Orlando, but no one knew it would be this serious and keep him out so long. Grant Hill is no question better then Carter at full health. If Hill hadn't have been injured he had a chance to be one of the best small forwards of all time. Hill run point forward. McGrady and Mike Miller shooting from the outside. Ewing and Grant were definetly over the hill and past their prime, but they definetly should have made more of an impact then they did. Outlaw was a very good backup forward that could come in and work insanely hard and rebound. Armstrong could be a starter on a few teams in the league and he's coming off the bench, the guys all energy.

Yes Hakeem still beats Ewing. But other then that what would Toronto have over Orlando. Like no one expected Orlando to play that bad, no one thought Alvin Williams would be anything in the league. Yes Toronto would have been amazing highlights with McGrady and Carter. But McGrady/Hill/Miller/Ewing/Grant is a good team, without all the above listed problems.

Once Hill gets back to full health, if ever possible, the Magic should have no problems winning the east, or being near the top. They'll also need to get some big guys, but they have money to spend, so I'm sure it'll come together at some point.

Sorry to write so much, but I think these points are often ignored because people view things from the current situation instead of how it was when his decision to leave Toronto was made.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Originally posted by <b>g-dog-rice</b>!
Horry doesn't
Horry... he rides on coat tails when he won his championships... Altho, I give him props for hitting the clutch shot... He also always had a true big man, when he won his rings... I wonder how he would have played if he ever stayed in Phoenix... I think he would be a roamer (except with 2 rings) like Lamond Murray, Rodney Rodgers, Kemp, etc... guys who seem to be content in just playing and getting paid...

But then again he's just a role guy...

Liked him in Houston... Can't stand him now... Esp. after his stop in Phoenix...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KBStAt</b>!
here he goes again starting another argument about kobe. No one even said any thing about him he didnt even compare tmac to him but u had to go and make this another lets talk about how kobe did all these things.

Yeah, here goes KC, twolvefan11 trying to slam the Lakers when their teams have no titles and it has nothing to do with them.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Originally posted by <b>g-dog-rice</b>!

Yeah, here goes KC, twolvefan11 trying to slam the Lakers when their teams have no titles and it has nothing to do with them.
my god, when did i try to slam the lakers? i dont think their that bad of a team, but man, now telling lies? wut do you have against me? if you dont have anything against me, then the shut your ball washer!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JaK</b>!

Horry... he rides on coat tails when he won his championships... Altho, I give him props for hitting the clutch shot... He also always had a true big man, when he won his rings... I wonder how he would have played if he ever stayed in Phoenix... I think he would be a roamer (except with 2 rings) like Lamond Murray, Rodney Rodgers, Kemp, etc... guys who seem to be content in just playing and getting paid...

But then again he's just a role guy...

Liked him in Houston... Can't stand him now... Esp. after his stop in Phoenix...
Horry will do whatever it takes to win. Whether it is knocking down a big shot, giving great post entrys to Shaq, rebouding, playing tough D against bigger pf's. Horry is a great player who won't put stats above winning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts