Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Brent is gone who's gonna replace him?

McGrady says he really wants to participate.

McGrady lobbied hard for a spot in next weekend's 3-point contest, "That competition is something that I've always wanted to do," he said. "My shooting is something I've worked a lot on and I think it would be a lot of fun. I mean, I couldn't do any worse than some of those guys who are always in it."
http://www.indystar.com/articles/2/118839-2322-039.html

·
Registered
269 Posts
I Wanna See Jiri Welsch be apart of it...He has One of the Best 3pt Percentages in the league an a very good shot...I know he wont be in it though so i would also Like to See Dirk!!!

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
If McGrady wants to do it, they should let him do it... putting some real superstars in these competitions would really make them more fun in my opinion. And this is a guy who has hit 8 threes in 3 separate games this season.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
I'd like to see Dirk there so it can be Dirk vs Peja.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dirk Vs Peja Sounds Very Good...Peja Won Last time they faced off.... I still wanna see Jiri but Dirk isnt a Bad 2nd option....T-Mac isnt a 3 point shooter...I mean he can hit the 3 an has had some big games wit alot of 3 but u wouldnt call him a3 pt shooter.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
McGrady made 8 threes in a row in the first half of a game not too long ago... I think it's reasonable to call him a 3-point shooter.

This season:

Dirk Nowitzki - 66/193 on 3's, 34%
Tracy McGrady - 121/345 on 3's, 35%

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Taking 9 or 10 3s a game is a norm for T-mac. He can take and make 3s in bunches. The NBA would be pretty stupid if they say NO to a superstar like him when he wants to do it so badly.

And its good for T-mac too. Orlando's season is a wash. T-mac's goal should be set on winning as many individual awards as possible - 3pt contest, AS MVP, scoring champion, dunk contest etc :D

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
McGrady made 8 threes in a row in the first half of a game not too long ago... I think it's reasonable to call him a 3-point shooter.

This season:

Dirk Nowitzki - 66/193 on 3's, 34%
Tracy McGrady - 121/345 on 3's, 35%
Thats great...
Tmac in the competition would be cool n all and all but the comparison of Peja and Dirk is made more often then Peja and Tmac. They really could build on the hype of the best two forgin players in the game right now going head to head. I'd much rather see Tmac show up for the dunk competition.

If you bring up TMac, you have to bring up Kobe because mr. cut on my finger can knock down some threes too.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>mysterio</b>!
Thanks for the link. I read on down... "They don't pay you to blend in" Barkley is yet again 100% correct. Step it up VC.
Barkley doesn't back down, sees through the BS, and says his honest opinion. I may not agree all the time with him but he has a fresh perspective and it's not forced, unlike a Stephen A. Smith.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I think McGrady could be pretty good in the contest, he would give Peja a run for his money.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dirty Dirk41</b>!
Dirk Vs Peja Sounds Very Good...Peja Won Last time they faced off.... I still wanna see Jiri but Dirk isnt a Bad 2nd option....T-Mac isnt a 3 point shooter...I mean he can hit the 3 an has had some big games wit alot of 3 but u wouldnt call him a3 pt shooter.
you dont call him a 3 pt shooter cuz he does so many things as an all AROUND PLAYER!!!! IF Peja and Allan Houston could drive, fly, and score like TMAC they wouldn't be considered 3 pt shooters either. SInce they're 1 dimensional for the most part, they're called shooters.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
just wait till merc cuban gets his hands on this thread :D

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>b-diddy</b>!
just wait till merc cuban gets his hands on this thread :D
:laugh:

Being a Mavs fan its great to have a fan like him posting around here to offset all the fans like him for other teams. Gotta love em. Atleast he does bring stats and links to his posts.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
If McGrady wants to do it, they should let him do it... putting some real superstars in these competitions would really make them more fun in my opinion. And this is a guy who has hit 8 threes in 3 separate games this season.
Exactly. More people will then want to watch the contest, just to watch T-Mac, which is obviously good for the league and the All-Star game.

Dirk vs Peja could be pretty interesting.

·
Registered
955 Posts
That would be awesome, two Euro superstars, two friendly rivals, two 3pnt shooters. Wow, It should be either Steve Nash, Dirk, or Tmac that should be in it though.

I wanted Steve nash to be in that skills challenge too but I dont know why he didnt make that.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stevemc</b>!

Thats great...
Tmac in the competition would be cool n all and all but the comparison of Peja and Dirk is made more often then Peja and Tmac. They really could build on the hype of the best two forgin players in the game right now going head to head. I'd much rather see Tmac show up for the dunk competition.

If you bring up TMac, you have to bring up Kobe because mr. cut on my finger can knock down some threes too.

I agree that I don't think "shooter" when I think of TMac or Kobe. I always think "scorer" with those 2 and I think shooter when it comes to Dirk & Peja.

I think "shooter & scorer" when it comes to <b>Vince, </b> seeing as he shares a playoff record for 3's - which is MUCH harder than hitting a bunch of 3s against some non-playoff team in the regular season!!!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tristan</b>!
That would be awesome, two Euro superstars, two friendly rivals, two 3pnt shooters. Wow, It should be either Steve Nash, Dirk, or Tmac that should be in it though.

I wanted <b>Steve nash </b>to be in that skills challenge too but I dont know why he didnt make that.
Didn't he lose last year to Kidd? :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.