Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The optimist in me wants to think this team can still make the playoffs because the east is soooo weak. The realist in me thinks that chance has passed.

Currently we're 5 1/2 behind philly for the 8th seed. We're two games behind the knicks and three behind the Heat. I'd just like to see this team pass those two for the 9th seed and then we can talk about playoffs. This is the time for that to happen. The Heat are on a little road trip and are playing the Kings tonight. I can't see the Heat winning that one. The Knicks lost last night and so a Bulls win tonight would put us two games down on the heat and a game and a half down on the knicks. It's just we gotta beat the Pistons to do it. No simple task. These are the games you gotta win in order to get back into a playoff race.

I look at the teams directly in front of us in the standings and they're all currently playing .500 ball or better. Over the last 10 games we're playing .500 ball. That ain't gonna cut it. We've got another long west coast trip comming up at the end of Jan and beginning of Feb. I just don't see this team playing well enough ball as compared to the rest of the east to make up that kind of ground. They're gonna have to finish at like a 20-10 clip over the last 30 games of the season to even have a shot at the playoffs. They haven't won at a .667 clip yet this year for an extended number of games, I don't see how they'll do it now.

We really lost ground out of the gate this year and also in the teams' inability to close out 4th quarters as of late. We're better, but not there and I'm afraid this is going to turn out to be a little too little a little to late. I hope I'm wrong!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts