Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get healthy: The Bulls got a glimpse of life without both Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah on Wednesday, and it wasn't a pleasant sight.
Endure the trade talk: The trade deadline hits next Thursday, and the Bulls are hoping to clear more cap space for this summer. That means unloading mainstay Kirk Hinrich for an expiring contract. Then again, it might not happen.
Don't give Thomas away: Tyrus Thomas has played well in two games since his suspension, so the Bulls shouldn't feel any rush to get rid of him for nothing in return.

Players vent anger all the time in pro sports. The real issue is getting him to play consistently well, and maybe sitting out a game was a way to push his reset button.
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=358586&src=150

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
How many times have the Bulls given Tyrus Thomas another chance?

This has been going on with Tyrus ever since he got here, hes not a very good NBA player why cant people just accept that and let it go. Can he block shots and jump really high, sure. He is consistently making mistakes out there and continues to take play's off, the guy needs a new start somewhere else because hes done here.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
How many times have the Bulls given Tyrus Thomas another chance?

This has been going on with Tyrus ever since he got here, hes not a very good NBA player why cant people just accept that and let it go. Can he block shots and jump really high, sure. He is consistently making mistakes out there and continues to take play's off, the guy needs a new start somewhere else because hes done here.
I hope that he already had his last chance with the Bulls and will be traded. Thomas and the Bulls don't have a future. Thomas is too inconstant.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Moving Thomas isn't about getting rid of him because of character issues(at least not totally). It's more about getting an asset that will help you going forward because the Bulls can't afford to re-sign Thomas without wrecking their cap space. Again, the rest of this season is meaningless beyond developing the young players and avoiding career-altering injuries because the Bulls cannot possibly get past the second round in the playoffs. If Thomas isn't going to be back next year, you might as well get a draft pick or a low-salary rotation guy for him now.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Well, Bulls knew they were taking a risk with that pick. Remember, the knock on Paxson at the time was he's too conservative with his drafting. He took the high risk, high upside player and it didn't work out. Tyrus could still have a decent NBA career of course, just not with us. Really a shame because Tyrus seems to work pretty hard and has great talent -- just seriously held back with his stubborn attitude and poor decision making. The bridges in Chicago are already burnt, so he won't salvage a career here.

In any case, let it be a lesson for why: a) character IS important, and b) sometimes the "safe" picks are the best picks.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Well, Bulls knew they were taking a risk with that pick. Remember, the knock on Paxson at the time was he's too conservative with his drafting. He took the high risk, high upside player and it didn't work out. Tyrus could still have a decent NBA career of course, just not with us. Really a shame because Tyrus seems to work pretty hard and has great talent -- just seriously held back with his stubborn attitude and poor decision making. The bridges in Chicago are already burnt, so he won't salvage a career here.

In any case, let it be a lesson for why: a) character IS important, and b) sometimes the "safe" picks are the best picks.
Agreed.

Potential is the most misunderstood thing in sports. For some reason potential in basketball is determined almost soleley by a players comibination of heigh/speed/weight/and jumping ability. And mostly by jumping ability. It is such a flawed way to evaluate potential. There have been so many prospects that were uber productive in college that supposedley had an extremeley low ceiling who ended up going low in the draft and then doing the same exact thing in the NBA that they did in college. Give me a guy who averaged 20 and 10 in a big time conference in college any day over the guy who averaged 10 and 5 but really jumps high.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
At least you're not afraid to say "I told you so"
I'm also not afraid to say that I would have taken Morrison over Bargnani lol, I really did not like Bargnani but hes turned into a very good player while Morrison should be out of the league.

2006 became the year of NEVER draft a white guy who is not a center in the top 10 lol.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I'm also not afraid to say that I would have taken Morrison over Bargnani lol, I really did not like Bargnani but hes turned into a very good player while Morrison should be out of the league.

2006 became the year of NEVER draft a white guy who is not a center in the top 10 lol.
I would have too. Not now, but then yes.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I think TT is gone. It is not about cap space because I dont think the bulls will make him a qualifying offer.

Right or wrong its about getting rid of him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts