Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/beatwriters.asp?column=mcgraw

Being bigger and stronger wouldn’t necessarily help Hinrich’s shooting touch. But it may improve his endurance.

The 6-foot-3 former Kansas star works as hard on defense as any guard in the league and played 600 more minutes than anyone else on the Bulls last season.

“Last year a lot of times I just got worn down and got tired and wouldn’t concentrate on my shot,” Hinrich said after Saturday’s 103-98 win over Utah. “I’d be shooting just to be shooting it.”

Hinrich and Ben Gordon earned accolades as the team’s hardest workers during the summer. But Hinrich claimed he didn’t spend any more time lifting weights than usual. The difference was his diet.

“Eat more, basically,” he explained. “I’m working real hard and it’s hard for me to maintain weight. I lose weight real easily.

“I had a good summer working, but it wasn’t any more than I have done. I think I just took better care of myself as far as eating and nutrition. I feel a lot better out there, a lot stronger.”

The Bulls have a chef, Steve Jackson, who serves lunch to players at the Berto Center during the season. Recognizing a good thing, Hinrich decided to hire Jackson to cook his meals during the summer.
I wonder if this is the person who Sweetney a has coming to make his meals?

The story has more on the trip and a few other things.

That should work - they switched things.

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
If you ever find yourself in Vermont, you simply have to have a meal at one of the New England Culinary Institute's working restaurants (there's one in Burlington and one in Montpelier). It's excellent food, with a focus on local/American ingredients and wines, and a terrific bargain to boot.

In other words, this guy needs to be cooking for Kirk and Chandler, not "Sweets."

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Here's some more information on the restaurants where this guy trained. There are more of them than I thought (I've been to NECI Commons and Chef's Table):

http://www.neci.edu/restaurants.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts