·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Pretty stupid from the Cavs point of view.

They get a less talented player with a longer contract.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
If he doesn't show up for practices like that then he is useless. Communication is one of the many keys that affect a high school team let alone an NBA team. You don't have to just play like a pro, you have to act like one too, some people just don't have it but it can be developed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I see this as a good move for the Cavs. They obviously believe it's time fo LeBron to make his home at the 2, with McInnis becoming the starting point guard and share court time with Wagner.

LeBron now has complete control of this team, but I like the look of their support players now. McInnis and Williams are two solid veterans by the Cavs' standards, so LeBron has consistent help instead of the rocky play of D.Miles. Also, who really thinks Darius is going to become a star?

A good move, further stabilising the Cleveland roster. Also, this means that when McInnis' contract ends Wagner will be well and truly ready to take the reigns at the point. Miles was going to want big money, which Paxson wouldn't have given him. The Cavs are now completely focused on LeBron, which can only be a good thing.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
If he doesn't show up for practices like that then he is useless. Communication is one of the many keys that affect a high school team let alone an NBA team. You don't have to just play like a pro, you have to act like one too, some people just don't have it but it can be developed.
He only missed one practice. Shouldnt be that big of a deal. By your theory Iverson would be completely useless, which obviously he is not.

I think Cavs could have done better.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

I think Cavs could have done better.
Like what? They wanted a point guard to push the ball so they didn't have to start Kevin Ollie.

What were they honestly going to get for Miles?

Frank Williams maybe?

Same as with Ricky Davis I don't think either of them had the trade value that people may have thought based on their highlights.

And Kedrick Brown and Wagner need the minutes Miles frees up. Newble too. All three of those guys are better than Miles. As is Eric Williams. There was just no room for him.

What I'd like to hear is how Miles is going to fit into the Blazer's plans?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good point. The Blazers trade away one of their only law-abiding players for a guy who just got suspended for skipping practice!

Starting lineup:

PG - Damon Stoudamire (stoner)
SG - Darius Miles (slacker)
SF - Rasheed Wallace (big-mouth and stoner)
PF - Zach Randolph (stoner)
C - Dale Davis (crap)

Good god! Any bets the Blazers end up signing Rodman before trying to pull JR Rider out of retirement, seeing if Jayson Williams wants some minutes and putting a trade together for Eddie Griffin...

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
This guy can pass well, and also catch fire. It's a good pickup.

D-Miles... how will Lebron cope with another one of his "boys" departing?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jokeaward</b>!
I guess he'll find more a replacment "boy"? Shouldn't be too hard with his the money he makes.

He can be boys with Carlos Boozer and Kedrick Brown.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The Cavs got rid of Ricky Davis and Darius Miles in one season. That's superb on their part. It makes a lot more sense to build for the future when you're building around a 19-year-old. With Wagner (assuming he starts consistently by the end of the season), Boozer, and James looking like stalwarts in the lineup for years to come, I'd say the Cavs have done a pretty good job.

If I were them, I'd look into having James and Wagner be co-point guards of a sort. Like the Sonics do now with Barry and Allen. One brings the ball down most of the time, but for the most part it doesn't matter who does it.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jokeaward</b>!
This guy can pass well, and also catch fire. It's a good pickup.

I gotta say that I don't think Clev will miss Miles anymore than they will miss Ricky Davis or Lamond Murray or even Wesley Person. None of these were or are they type of player that Silas wanted or would've put up with.

Miles is very inconsistent. At times, he is invisible on the floor. Most people see the highlights, and think that is his game. It's not. His whole game does consist of a few great plays, but also many missed alley-opps, missed passes trying to throw an alley-opp, shakey dribbling on fast breaks, blown assignements on defense.

As for LeBron... I'm pretty sure all Lebron wants is "W"s. Miles had his moments, but LeBron knew that Darius was not that important to the long-range goals of the team. LeBron has plenty of friends... he just wants wins. Good trade for Clev.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts