Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nets were terrible yesterday when they were in the game at the same time. I see a stat that McInnis was something like -17 yesterday; in comparison RJ was just -1. Mark Jackson's overall numbers look OK, because he was in the game during the second half of the fourth quarter, when the Nets made a little run. But make no mistake: the McInnis/Jackson combo did the Nets in yesterday.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Dumpy said:
The Nets were terrible yesterday when they were in the game at the same time. I see a stat that McInnis was something like -17 yesterday; in comparison RJ was just -1. Mark Jackson's overall numbers look OK, because he was in the game during the second half of the fourth quarter, when the Nets made a little run. But make no mistake: the McInnis/Jackson combo did the Nets in yesterday.

I completely agree with you. I've been saying this for quite some time now, but people keep thinking McInnis is doing well just becasue he scores 7 to 10 points per game. For some reason, people here think points per game is the only thing that matters.

Even if that's what you're looking at, Zoran is scoring more points per minute played, and doing it more efficiently.

But to win, a team must have defense and it has been PROVEN that McInnis and Jackson do not provide that. Period. All the evidence says so.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the third quarter, the Kings went with their starting four with Kevin Martin instead of Garcia. As soon as the Nets replaced Krstic with Jackson, they completely fell apart (the other Net starters were in the game, which of course included McInnis). Up to that point, they had outscored the Kings by six points in the quarter; after that point (which included replacing RJ with Zoran at one point) the Nets were outscored by 15 points. Also of note: during Padgett's 3 minutes at the end of the third quarter, the Nets were -8. Yes, Jackson scored 8 points during his third-quarter appearance on 4-5 shooting . . . but . . . he also committed two fouls and two turnovers during that period, leaving aside his defense. That made him pretty much a net zero.

Antoine Wright will be the first player off the bench by the All-star break. Mark my words.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Dumpy said:
Antoine Wright will be the first player off the bench by the All-star break. Mark my words.
If that's true, then wasting time will only cost wins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts