Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's kinda sad watching him sit on the Cleveland bench in street clothes with Ruben. I feel like he poured his heart and soul into our team and now he has to start all over. All those shots he made to help us win games count for nothing now. It's gotta be rough. A new city and all. Sigh.

Even worse for him, Kevin Ollie is about to get a triple double tonight. McInnis will have trouble getting minutes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If they were at the game why we they in street clothes????

·
Registered
518 Posts
I agree. JMac was one of the only ones on the team who showed positive emotion, along with Patterson. I wish him the best of luck.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Jeff came here as a free agent. He chose Portland. He supposedly passed on a slightly better offer to come here, so I hear what you are saying.

However, I wouldn't feel too sorry for Jeff. He now gets to play with LeBron James, who already looks a lock to be a top 10 player, and very likely the best wing in the NBA very soon. Jeff will have the opportunity to feed off James and up his game. He will play before sold out crowds wherever he goes and be in many more national TV games. If Jeff can make himself indespensible to James and the Cavs, he will have a much, much better career than he would have on the Blazers or anywhere else.

This is a huge, huge opportunity for him. As far as Kevin Ollie, the outbust this game is a one-off fluke driven by the clear vote of no-confidence of the team trading FOR another PG. Ollie isn't half the player Jeff is. Once Jeff learns the offense of the Cavs he should have no trouble earning big minutes, either starting as PG, or as a combo guard off the bench.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Son of Bintim</b>!
If they were at the game why we they in street clothes????
They got to the game around 6 PM Cleveland time and they just dropped into the game with what they had on to greet the new players and coaches. They won't be ready probably until the next game after they get their physicals.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I have nothing but love for Jeff and wil lcontinue to root for him, but the fact of the matter is that no one wil ltake Damon and Q is now our Scottie Pippen so he became expendable...and you can't pass on a 22 year old previous lottery pick. jeff made some great shots for us,but still can't pass that well, but best of luck Jeff.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I doubt McInnis will stay with Cleveland for long. Paxon's statements after the trade didn't sound like the most open armed welcoming. "Well, he's about as good as we figured we'd be able to get this year..."

Dan

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!
I doubt McInnis will stay with Cleveland for long. Paxon's statements after the trade didn't sound like the most open armed welcoming. "Well, he's about as good as we figured we'd be able to get this year..."
I actually got the opposite impression: that the Cavs weren't going to be able to get a better PG, even if they waited until the summer. I might have been reading it wrong, but it sounds to me like the Cavs plan on using Jeff early and often.

Ed O.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I suppose it could be read either way, but I take it as a "what the hell" move/statement. Basically the same as from Portland's perspective... Both teams moved players they had pretty much decided would be phased out for players they probably won't keep after this year. Woo-hoo.

Dan

·
Registered
540 Posts
Why would anyone feel sorry for Jeff, at least we know for a fact he won't be at the end of the bench the rest of the season. Good luck playa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts