Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I was just ripping him the other night but man.. Hope he recovers..

Medvedenko Passes Out Briefly in Elevator

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Laker forward Slava Medvedenko passed out briefly in a hotel elevator Sunday morning and was transported by ambulance to a local Philadelphia hospital after an apparent bout with fatigue.

An EKG test on Medvedenko was negative and he rejoined the team late Sunday in Memphis. The episode was believed to be an isolated incident, but Medvedenko will be evaluated further after the team returns Tuesday from its four-game trip.

Medvedenko, 26, had not been sleeping well because of back spasms that caused him to miss Friday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers. There were also questions about his diet.

"He only had a Snickers bar or something [Sunday] morning and this was at 11 o'clock," Coach Phil Jackson said. "A juvenile diet."

Medvedenko was going down the elevator to board the team bus to the Philadelphia International Airport. He slumped against the elevator wall after the doors opened at the lobby level and was helped outside by Kobe Bryant and Kwame Brown, Jackson said.

"That was really a strange set of events," Jackson said. "I think it was lack of food [and] he's been laying down a lot because he's been injured."

Medvedenko, in his fifth year with the Lakers, has two points and an assist in two games

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
A guy his size needs a lot to maintain himself little lone keeping away from blacking out. I would normally be worried that it was something serious but it is very common for an athelete to pass out if they dont eat for a day.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do we know he didnt have his Russian Vodka with him? Ok all kidding aside.. It's more than likely not that serious but still wish him a recovery (if he's not already recovered!).

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
No food and russian vodka have done it to me many times lol. I hope he is alright and with the way Phil was talking about it seems so.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Of all the eating problems we see, who would have thought an NBA stoped eating lol

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Wilmatic2 said:
Slava needs to start eating like Shaq.
:laugh:

Get well soon, Slava!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Laker forward Slava Medvedenko passed out briefly in a hotel elevator Sunday morning and was transported by ambulance to a local Philadelphia hospital after an apparent bout with fatigue.
Sorry that taking an elevator was such an exhausting experience, Slava. Just retire now.

And stop eating Snickers bars, you lumpen slob.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
oh all the players in the nba that this could have happened too..it had to be slava, almost like hes askin to get made fun of

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Shaolin said:
Sorry that taking an elevator was such an exhausting experience, Slava. Just retire now.

And stop eating Snickers bars, you lumpen slob.
:lol: thats funny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts