Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what to say….

Guess there are no words after tonight humiliating defeat-disgrace!!!

I wonder reading the forum, watching the stats, read articles what are you (a lot of you) thinking?

Cheering for Rasheed to stay, seeing the future… no way…

How cant you see that the team has NO CHEMISTRY, NO GUTS, NO LEADERSHIP, NO FRIENDSHIP…nothing, just some stings like the last away win at Sacramento.

The heart and iron will was in Portland years ago... Clyde Drexler was probably the last men playing with something extra. All the others… no comment.

So forget the playoffs and some minor explosions (wins) …only rebuilding is the way to go

Also Randolph is not the answer (troubles .. )…look and you will se Rasheed few years ago…

It is interesting how a lot of you applauded Stepania few games ago when he fought, run al over the floor…played with heart…yes…it is because there are not many players in Portland who are capable of that

So it is not the points, rebounds…it is the team, heart and love to play.

Talking about chemistry…yes Portland is a long way from that.

So a lot of you just face it …. NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!

LET THE REBUILDING BEGIIN!!!

Just a few scores to remind you of the inconsistency:

L 2.1. POR-DEN 96:106
L 15.1. POR-PHO 95:106
L 18.1. PHO-POR 96:92
W 20.1. SAC-POR 104:109(OT)
L 24.1. POR-GSW 87:105

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yeah, the Blazers are indeed pretty inconsistent this season so far. But so are

Boston
Houston
Memphis

and others

...it would be easy to go on and show why Portland is maybe not the most inconsistent team this year so far, but I do agree that this team needs to figure out what it is doing.

But I'm still thinking playoffs.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I did some research, and found an interesting stat. the blazers are 12-13 against the teams that are playoff bound at the moment, and 5-11 against non-playoff teams...

playoff teams
sac 2-1
dal 1-2
hou 1-1
mem 1-1
n.o 0-1
n.j 2-0
ind 1-0
n.y 1-0
s.a 0-2
lal 1-0
mil 0-1
min 1-1
det 0-1
den 0-1
tor 1-1

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
or we can just say we are the next cast for Dumb and Dumber

:nonono: Loosing 4 in a row at home is unheard of :hurl:

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Don't glorify Drexler. His teams blew so many leads and lost so many games they shouldn't have lost. And for all the talent on his teams, they never sniffed a title when they should have sniffed three.

As for our team, how can you say we have NO GUTS when we stood toe to toe with the Kings at Arco in OT and won. of COURSE we have guts. But so do the Warriors. Kudos to them for getting a big win. We'll bounce back, make the playoffs, and win the title.

Go Blazers

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
The Blazers have been an up and down team since the late-80s. ;)

Definitely the incarnations from 98-99 onwards have been highly volatile...good for a huge win or winning streak, or good for a mind-numbing loss / losing streak.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:)

You must be joking:

1) No playoffs this year for shure
2) Championship nowhere close in next years

And still you hope... :laugh:

To start over is the only way!!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!
Guess there are no words after tonight humiliating defeat-disgrace!!!
You have no idea what you're talking about.

The heart and iron will was in Portland years ago... Clyde Drexler was probably the last men playing with something extra. All the others… no comment.
Wow, really, you don't have a clue.

So forget the playoffs and some minor explosions (wins) …only rebuilding is the way to go
Well gee wiz. Now that you've done all the science for the rocket we can build the thing and colonize Mars. Most of us have forgotten about the playoffs already so your stop-the-presses style announcement is quite unnecessary.

What more rebuilding type stuff do you think we should be doing? We're playing the young guys, we just traded for another high potential young guy and with all the losing we're doing we'll probably end up with a pretty good draft pick.

Also Randolph is not the answer (troubles .. )…look and you will se Rasheed few years ago…
Your cluelessness knows no bounds.

Just a few scores to remind you of the inconsistency:

L 2.1. POR-DEN 96:106
L 15.1. POR-PHO 95:106
L 18.1. PHO-POR 96:92
W 20.1. SAC-POR 104:109(OT)
L 24.1. POR-GSW 87:105
This is not inconsistency. This is a pattern we've all come to know for quite some time now. This team comes to play against the good teams and doesn't bother against the lesser teams.

You didn't have a single original idea or worthwhile opinion in your entire post. Why bother starting a new thread with a bunch of regergitated (sp?) crap? You could have easily found any of the dozen other "the sky is falling" type threads and repeated what all the other schmucks just like you are saying. Come back when you have a point worth talking about. Damn it!! That's a couple minutes of my life I'm never gonna get back responding to your awful post. I should really start ignoring these.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I know the title of this thread is supposed to be "inconsistent", not inconstant", but it gave me a little laugh anyway. Like all the NBA wives got together and took a vote. Not as funny as "incontinent" would have been, but, uh, oh well.

Anyway, I view the inconsistent play (compete with the good teams, lose to the bad) as a matter of motivation. Typically this is where your coach or best player comes in, but neither our coach or our best player are all that great.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah, i agree with the inconsistent title...

For the first time in my 20 years of rocking Blazer gear, i am actually a bit embarrased about my team.

Its a sad day, the loss against GS last night was absoultely disgraceful.

I really want to make the playoffs, but maybe we should go into rebuilding mode. Honestly, who wants to go through this for another year???

:cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.