Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Re: Meet the Posters of the Lakers Forum (Past and Present) + History of the Lakers F

PauloCatarino
Registered On: May 2003
Paulo is an old timer who is a pure basketball historian. He often participates in debates pertaining to the past and present, often referring to less seasoned posters as, "young grasshopper". Paulo can tell you as as much about George Mikan as he can Shaquille O'Neal. His disdain for Kevin Garnett used to be frowned upon until the loud mouth donned a Celtics uniform. The only thing Paulo needs to improve as a Lakers fan is a surprise appearance in the gamethreads ever so often. :D
Time leg is a killer. Only Plastic Man can kee up with 05.00 am game finishes. But i'll try my best to step up in the post season, james worthy-style. :smilewink

Great thread, btw.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Re: Meet the Posters of the Lakers Forum (Past and Present) + History of the Lakers F

OMGBASELSUCKS (formerly known as AZNAZN something like that)

darizzle's *****.

hahahaha :champagne:

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Wow, you asked for my help but it's hard to top that. Only person you really forgot was Ron, the founder of this site. But I'll see where I can help.
I added Ron, thanks for catching that. Thanks for the kind words.

Man, imagine if we got all these posters on here consistently - what the hell happened?
You're not kidding. We need to go e-detective and track all their asses down. Any volunteers? :D

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts

BH, I added you to your list.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts

Great job BH. how you were able to compile all of it is beyond me in my old age. I can't believe we are in our 7th year already.

One thing that should be remembered about this place is that Ron, Jemel and I used to post at Oregon live, back in the 2000, 2001 seasons when the Laker Blazer rivalry was at its highest. Then we went to a site ( I don't remember the name) that became fanhome.com, which then became something else. It was at fanhome that Ron decided to do it himself and asked a bunch of us to come along. We did and the rest is history. Shout out to DP!

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Great job BH. how you were able to compile all of it is beyond me in my old age. I can't believe we are in our 7th year already.

One thing that should be remembered about this place is that Ron, Jemel and I used to post at Oregon live, back in the 2000, 2001 seasons when the Laker Blazer rivalry was at its highest. Then we went to a site ( I don't remember the name) that became fanhome.com, which then became something else. It was at fanhome that Ron decided to do it himself and asked a bunch of us to come along. We did and the rest is history. Shout out to DP!
Good stuff, thanks Sean. I compiled the list with a lot of help from the other Laker mods and Basel. Did you at any point realize that you were setting the tone early on for a crazed group of loonies like us? :laugh:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts

From the days of posters feuding over who the better player was between Marcus Douthit and Brian Cook
For the last time...the answer is DOUTHIT!!! :champagne::champagne:

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts

Good stuff, thanks Sean. I compiled the list with a lot of help from the other Laker mods and Basel. Did you at any point realize that you were setting the tone early on for a crazed group of loonies like us? :laugh:
In the beginning we all wanted it to be the best on the net. How it became this crazed, i do not know. Much props to the mods and admins from the past and to the future.

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

For the last time...the answer is DOUTHIT!!! :champagne::champagne:
:lol:

BCook nearly had a nervous breakdown and froze us out after that. We had **** game threads for a good month.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts

It wasn't even debateable. Marcus ****ing Douthit was kicking some serious ***. He put on a ****ing show during the SPL in Long Beach. Damian and I went to a game.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

No one remembers me, sigh :p
Cant blame you guys though :D
Still remember Brian34Cook , aww back in the day I remember us voting (hijack lol) for Cook in a List of Top 100 NBA Players or something...
And I think I still remember the day Basel was still a rookie, damn, now every times I came here he jumped in a new pos :champagne:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts

Nice work there BH. I've been doing searches the last hour and good lord, there are like a dozen trolls I had completely forgotten about that I now have to add. I was going to concentrate on just a handful, but that wouldn't do the history of this board justice.

And damn I miss Ron!

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

No one remembers me, sigh :p
Cant blame you guys though :D
Still remember Brian34Cook , aww back in the day I remember us voting (hijack lol) for Cook in a List of Top 100 NBA Players or something...
And I think I still remember the day Basel was still a rookie, damn, now every times I came here he jumped in a new pos :champagne:
****! Everyone remembers you man. Sorry about that, I'm sure I left off plenty more. I'll be sure to get you a spot on the list. I forgot about hijacking the top players list. :laugh: That all started on this forum. Cook smoked everybody, but the white knights of BBF stepped up and canceled out our votes. Bull**** if you ask me.

Nice work there BH. I've been doing searches the last hour and good lord, there are like a dozen trolls I had completely forgotten about that I now have to add. I was going to concentrate on just a handful, but that wouldn't do the history of this board justice.

And damn I miss Ron!
We have definitely had our fair share. I'm looking forward to your write-up. After finals this semester, I'm going to try and track down as many of the old school posters as I can.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts

wow that must have taken some time to put together..coolness

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

i wish my fellow slovenian would come on back

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts

Damn what a good thread. This place is going to be rocking if The Lakers win it all this year. Heres to everyone that was in the "I predict the Lakers will win it all in 2004 club" and everyone that was forced to witness Frank Hamblen playing Chucky Atkins and Tierre Brown at the same time. :cheers:

21 - 40 of 120 Posts