Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Great work guys. Great write up on the posters considering how many we've had. Great job by Cap on the trolls. There have been lots of them. Dynasty Raider takes the cake because he gets all psychological on you. He never says anything outright, just implies it, and he loves hinting at things with........Classic troll. I can't explain what happened to Hibachi, though. You can still detect animosity towards the Lakers but he sounds reasonably intelligent. When he was SacKings384, he was the dumbest poster on this site. I have no idea what happened there. Maybe college really does make that big of difference.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hey i'm a Laker fan

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
What up peeps. Haven't been postin very much the last couple of years. I try to come back once in a while. It seems like a few of the regs from a few years back are still here. How's everyone been? I'm currently in the decision making process of different law schools to attend. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LAKERS is the TEAM that win last year the championship and this team is going to winn the championship in this year.:whiteflag::kitty2::curse::beheader::funny::smackalot:

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Nice thread...awesome memories.

Yes, I do post here once in a while...a long while I guess.

Hopefully, we are going to have yet another run to the title.

Let's get rid of these pretenders and go to the main event, which I believe will be Orlando yet again this year...they look tough.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Holy hell.. Hi Ron
Your post about me not posting here anymore got to me...decided I needed to say something.

In any event, I will try to post consistently throughout the playoffs...but I must admit, I really am bored watching these games...Utah just doesn't offer up the drive they had even last year, perhaps its due to injuries, but I can't see how they took care of Denver so easily and are having such a rough time with the Lakers, other than the size differential...which apparently is all that matters.

As I have posted here and elsewhere, I think now its a pretty much foregone conclusion that we are going to have a repeat of last year's finals. Only this year it is going to be much tougher to beat Orlando. They are hungry from their experience last year, they have Vince, Jameer is healthy, and they have home-court advantage too. (The only two teams I was worried about in the West were eliminated in the first round.)

No way does Cleveland get past Orlando, even if they somehow survive Boston, who has looked much better in the playoffs than I would have thought they could look. Rasheed waked up finally, apparently.

Okay, that's enough jibberish for now. If someone wants to contest my claim as to who is ending up in the finals this year, have at me. It will be an interesting discussion. ;)

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Your post about me not posting here anymore got to me...decided I needed to say something.

In any event, I will try to post consistently throughout the playoffs...but I must admit, I really am bored watching these games...Utah just doesn't offer up the drive they had even last year, perhaps its due to injuries, but I can't see how they took care of Denver so easily and are having such a rough time with the Lakers, other than the size differential...which apparently is all that matters.

As I have posted here and elsewhere, I think now its a pretty much foregone conclusion that we are going to have a repeat of last year's finals. Only this year it is going to be much tougher to beat Orlando. They are hungry from their experience last year, they have Vince, Jameer is healthy, and they have home-court advantage too. (The only two teams I was worried about in the West were eliminated in the first round.)

No way does Cleveland get past Orlando, even if they somehow survive Boston, who has looked much better in the playoffs than I would have thought they could look. Rasheed waked up finally, apparently.

Okay, that's enough jibberish for now. If someone wants to contest my claim as to who is ending up in the finals this year, have at me. It will be an interesting discussion. ;)
I agree 100 percent. The only team I thought would give LA a scare in the playoffs was the Mavericks and Nuggets. Both teams are ousted. Secondly, I totally agree with you regarding the Orlando Magic. This team is built to win championships, and it all starts with the most dominate big man in the game Dwight Howard. For some reason for a 59 win team, and having superstar players like Dwight and Vince Carter on their team, they sure do still seem to get over looked in the East. I guess it's simply because every season the media, corporate sponsors, and fans alike punch the LeBron James championship ticket prematurely.

Orlando vs LA could easily be a 7 game series in the Finals.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Fun looking back at this and seeing all the posters who were here through the years. It's too bad so many, including BH, are gone now.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I got tagged by Basel and decided what the heck, I will come back once more to say hi.
I posted more often when I was studying and when we were losing.
When we were winning I just dont have alot to vent so I just read all the time.
Now I rarely have time for any of this.
Wish all you guys good luck and Go Lakers!

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I got tagged by Basel and decided what the heck, I will come back once more to say hi.
I posted more often when I was studying and when we were losing.
When we were winning I just dont have alot to vent so I just read all the time.
Now I rarely have time for any of this.
Wish all you guys good luck and Go Lakers!
Glad to see you stop by. Hopefully we start seeing you around a bit more once again.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts