Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenny Thomas for Mehmet Okur

How do you think a Kenny Thomas-like contract would sound to both Dumars and Memo's Agent?

$4,250,000
$4,781,250
$5,312,500
$5,843,750
$6,375,000
$6,906,250
$7,437,500

It is $40.9 million for seven years.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Why do Piston fans want Memo out so bad? I think he is going to be a quality player.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
Why do Piston fans want Memo out so bad? I think he is going to be a quality player.
I think he's asking would a Kenny Thomas type contract be good enough for both parties (Memo and the Pistons) to keep him in a Pistons uni.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think Memo probably deserves a bit more than that-$1 mil per year or maybe 2. He is significantly younger and taller than Thomas, and has the potential to be much more of an impact player.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
I think that contract sounds about right. It's not too much but not too little. It definitly favors him staying long-term which is good because I think by then he will be a huge part of the team. I like it but do they?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Re: Kenny Thomas for Mehmet Okur

Originally posted by <b>froggyvk</b>!

It is $40.9 million for seven years.
That is what I remember (Kenny Thomas salary), but somebody here argued with me "6 yrs $50.9M" a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Why do people want memo out of detroit so bad I love memo I think that he is da man and I ove to watch him play for us

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think the realistic best case scenario the Pistons are going to get is around 51.68 million/7 years, with a year 1 salary of 5.5 million and 10% raises. Most GMs feel Memo is a 17/10 type player next year who simply isn't getting enough minutes right now. If they could retain him for as little as a contract starting at 5.5, that's reason to be estatic. I think a contract starting at 6.2 million and ending up 58.24/ seven years is about right. Of course, to get that we'd have to shed salary. Personally, I think Elden is the most likely to go. 3 million in cash and a first round draft pick should be enough to persuade the Bobcats to take him in the expansion draft. Zelly could be re-signed as a second or third center, depending on Darko's development. Ham could be re-signed to back up the 4 and, if needed, the three. Corliss can play the 4 in a pinch, as can Memo. I think that'd give us a pretty good team for next season.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If we are able to get rid of Elden how much would we be able to offer Memo next year, assuming we sign Delfino and our other first round pick?

·
Registered
316 Posts
We should be able to go up to about 7.4-7.8 million, depending on how much we pay the end of the roster (Ham, Sura, Zelly, or their replacements)) and the exact figure for next year's salary cap, which is not yet known. That would be enough to offer 68.25 million over seven years, which should be enough to keep him if he's happy here. If he wants to leave, all it takes is one team with cap room who sees him as a potential all star and pays him as such. I'd be most concerned about the Nuggets and the Jazz.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I changed the title of the thread I thought it sound like a trade proposal myself. As for Okur I would have no problem giving him that type of money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts