Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Darko missed an open dunk earlier this season, is he a bust? Maybe.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
well at least hes shown us before he oculd play and has had a very good rookie and sophomore season(so far)

with Darko at the time he hadnt made a point yet and had shown nothing...huge difference

·
Registered
793 Posts
If I'm not wrong Jordan missed one dunk last year...
Hey even I missed a dunk a couple times... :grinning:
It's not a big deal.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Matiz</b>!

It's not a big deal.
I was going to say the same thing. I'm not slamming this thread or anything, but I hate when people all of a sudden make a big deal out of a player missing a dunk. The players are human. They make mistakes sometimes. :cool:

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't mean the original post seriously. I agree with you. That's what I was trying to express.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
I didn't mean the original post seriously. I agree with you. That's what I was trying to express.
Yea, I was gonna say, I thought you were kidding. I was gonna give you a nice little LOL and maybe a :laugh:

Michael missed a dunk so he is a bust but as far as Matiz goes he must have been fouled, he can NOT be a bust.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
You people will be shocked with the great offers Okur receives in FA this season... a possible Arenas like situation for Detroit if they can't move Chucky Atkins, and many teams including Phoenix, Miami won't hesitate to offer him a contract starting at $5-6 million.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won't be shocked. Okur is a very good all-around player that many teams would love to have, especially with his size.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
:laugh:

I think the wink in Nevus' first post gave it away that he was joking.

Anyway, I do agree with you, he's a bust. ;)

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
If Detroit doesnt want him, Orlando will take him, no prob.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!
You people will be shocked with the great offers Okur receives in FA this season... a possible Arenas like situation for Detroit if they can't move Chucky Atkins, and many teams including Phoenix, Miami won't hesitate to offer him a contract starting at $5-6 million.
The Pistons have 6 million in cap space next year. Joe D has been managing the future cap all year from fear of having an Arenas' situation. Even if someone offers him more than 6 mil, Detroit should have one of Atkins, Campbell or Williamson off the books as well from the expansion draft so it seems that there is no threat in losing Okur - unless some team majorly overpays him and Detroit just doesn't want to match.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bananas</b>!

The Pistons have 6 million in cap space next year. Joe D has been managing the future cap all year from fear of having an Arenas' situation. Even if someone offers him more than 6 mil, Detroit should have one of Atkins, Campbell or Williamson off the books as well from the expansion draft so it seems that there is no threat in losing Okur - unless some team majorly overpays him and Detroit just doesn't want to match.
IMO, they should sign-and-trade Okur for future picks, good bench players, so you can re-sign Milicic in a couple years.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Not only do they have Darko for 4 years, but they have his bird rights so there is no need to clear cap space, they can sign him to any contract they want.

Detroit needs to keep Okur and will likely do everything they can to do so.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts