Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@MikeDiGiovanna: Wow: #Giants OF Melky Cabrera receives 50-game suspension after testing positive for testosterone. Huge blow to SF.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
This is going to disappoint all of his fans in the Braves dugout. No, actually they shall likely laugh out loud. It seems like when Melky left the ATL all of his friends on the Braves roster went with him.

I'd guess the Dodgers fans will not cry too much over this either.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
So that's how he was hitting .350... Would be interesting to see him come back in the NLCS after all that time off. , Dodgers better not choke away the division now.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
oh Melky nooooo. I really thought he turned into a great hitter after leaving the Yankees i was really rooting for the guy

This just makes me sad

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Testosterone is a steroid hormone from the androgen group and is found in mammals, reptiles,[1] birds,[2] and other vertebrates.
It is the principal male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid.
The term Anabolic Steroids usually refers to artificial drugs which mimic the effect of naturally occurring Testosterone. If you get caught with excess Testosterone it is almost certainly because of PED use. The purpose of a PED is most usually to produce excess Testosterone that would then be used for muscle development in a person who engaged in strenuous physical training....i.e a pro athlete

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
His name is Braun. He doesn't need steroids.

·
NY NY big city of dreams
2,493 Posts
The term Anabolic Steroids usually refers to artificial drugs which mimic the effect of naturally occurring Testosterone. If you get caught with excess Testosterone it is almost certainly because of PED use. The purpose of a PED is most usually to produce excess Testosterone that would then be used for muscle development in a person who engaged in strenuous physical training....i.e a pro athlete

Based on definition, cholesterol is also a steroid.

When it comes to testosterone just because you are taking it from outside sources doesn't mean you are trying to gain an advantage. There are legitimate reasons and uses for testosterone/trt.

This is very different from steroids like danabol.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Based on definition, cholesterol is also a steroid.

When it comes to testosterone just because you are taking it from outside sources doesn't mean you are trying to gain an advantage. There are legitimate reasons and uses for testosterone/trt.

This is very different from steroids like danabol.
Athletes no longer directly inject testosterone, they usually inject drugs that increase testosterone production because testosterone is the performance enhancer. However the standard old fashioned test for anabolics is the testosterone/estrogen ratio, when it's out of whack that's an indication that someone's juicing up. Hence juicers use masking agents to put more estrogen in the system, to hide the increased T production. (That's what got Manny Ramirez in trouble, they found out that he was taking a female fertility drug, whose only purpose for a male would be to mask the T levels.)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts