Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carmelo Anthony was in Greece two summers ago with Larry Brown and Stephon Marbury, which is why the Nuggets' forward says he was "shocked" when he first heard that Brown and Marbury would be reunited in New York. Anthony, however, isn't surprised that the two already have clashed.

"That was the same situation over (in Athens)," said Anthony, who scored a game-high 25 points in the Nuggets' 95-86 win yesterday. "Stephon is a scorer. I think Larry Brown knew that about him but Larry Brown wanted him to be the point guard. Stephon likes to shoot, he likes to put the ball in the basket. That's what he's been doing since he was in the eighth grade. You can't take that away from him."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/367204p-312580c.html

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Well, we didn't do too well in Athens, did we?

If LB knew Marbury can't be the PG he wants, why did he play him so much during Olympics?

I think coaching has serious problems.

Everybody knows what Marbury is like. If Knicks knew Brown doesn't like Marbury running PG, why did they even bring LB to the team?

I think the answer is obvious. Either SM follows exactly what LB says and follows WELL, or SM gets traded. LB is not going to leave any time soon IMO.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Melo should STFU and worry about the Nuggets..Brown has Steph playind D for the first time in his life..Enough said

·
Registered
981 Posts
True enough

I love 'melo but until he translates his talent into accomplishments he should do exactly as you said. Then guys above also only hear what they want to. LB has never said he wants SM to decrease his scoring...he just wants it done within a certain framework. Some of these posters would be wise to read a little. AI says that he learned what LB was only too late...the man is a teacher and a winner. What he has forgotten about ball is more than Phil knows..:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts