Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From hoopsworld.com

MOVEMENT IN ORLANDO
With rumors surfacing that Memphis may make a long term commitment to free agent point guard Troy Hudson, the Magic appear to have shifted attentions to plan B, namely Jacque Vaughn.

That's a snipet of an article posted from www.hoopsworld.com

I really like Troy Hudson's game. This kid is a straight scorer very offensively gifted and really became the Magic's second scorer through out the playoffs last season. I really like the way Memphis is heading with there philosphy of getting quality role players ie; Person maybe now Hudson.

If the Grizz do end up signing Troy I think we can all presume that Brevin Knights tenure as a Grizz is over.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Yeah i like grizz direction as well... Although i still don't know why the hell they drafted gooden when they have gasol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kennetho, if you're a Grizzly fan, you probably can remember when West took over the team he said the key to a successful team is being loaded with talent at every position. He also indicated when trying to be successful in a draft you take the best player available regardless of position. Obviously, West thought Gooden was best player available at that pick and felt that we needed more depth at the forward position, immediately, rather than any other. I'll agree, I also thought that Butler would have been the better pick for the team, but I see no wrong in Gooden because he can come in cause all kinds of mis-matches for opposing players. I think with Gooden coming off the bench behind Gasol the team won't miss a beat when Pau comes out for a breather. I think Gooden is going to come in and surprise a lot of nay-sayers with some of the numbers he's going to put up. I'm still hoping we can pull in a quality big man at the center position in the FA market, because that's still a need. But, I won't do any judging of Gooden until the end of the season because I think he's going to be a major contributor for this team right away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts