Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep thinking about how good he looked in Game 5 and other points in the Playoffs when he was finally healthy. Here is a guy that has been shipped around from one "Suck ***" team to another. Now he has something to play for and it showed. And he's said that learning from Reggie has made a tremendous difference in his game. With Harrington back I think we keep him. Especially since Artest's trade value is currently higher. I think he could easily score in the low teens even getting around 25 minutes. He's a dangerous scorer, our Vinnie Johnson. Microwave 2000.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Naw, I think he puts up big numbers for bad teams. He had a good game in game 5 but my gut feeling tells me it was a fluke. I say you trade him and Croshere for Derrick Coleman ( expiring contract) and Eric Snow. In Chicago he averaged 20 points but he got to take all the shots that could be had because they had no weapons. He is a good backup but we have no room for him.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But Duncan isn't better than Shaq. Sorry, I wish I could agree with you. And t-Mac might be better than Kobe but where is the intensity. Maybe I roll with Paul Pierce. That kid is viscous.

·
Registered
920 Posts
What the hell? Thats my sig. You didn't reply to my message.

But in reply to yours. Shaq is getting older and is still good but duncan passed him up as the best player in the league last year. Duncan was rightfully the MVP. Duncan had 67 double doubles. Shaq played in 67 games. Duncan averaged 25 points and 12 rebounds while shooting 80 percent from the free throw line. Shaq averaged 27 points and 10 rebounds a game while shootiung 566 percent from the line and playing in 67 games. So that right there tells you they are about the same but Duncan is more durable.
And then the playoffs: 30 and 17 for Duncan (Wilt Like Numbers)
20 and 9 for Shaq. Duncan guards Shaq the best.

My point here is Shaq has not dropped oof that much but Duncan keeps getting better while Shaq is not getting better.

Also if T-Mac or Kidd or another star were on the Spurs there would be a dynasty in San Antonio.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
A little OT aren't we? Come on guys... I'll leave this up so you guys can talk about Mercer, but no more NBA talk, aight?

Back on topic, I doubt Mercer will get too many minutes behind Miller, Artest, Harrington and possibly Bender, regardless of if he's healthy or not, unfortunately.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i must admit it will be tough to find time for mercer. however, the pacers will be going to a big guard lineup this year. tinsley will still start but isiah wants to replace him (when he gets tired) with a big guard to handle the ball. some people may blast this as a terrible idea. so be it. mercer is a good ballhanlder and he will have a training camp under his belt to get more aquainted with his team. he was injured most of last year when the pacers got him. but when given time, he did things that impressed me. i could see him filling a variety of roles. part time pg, sg, and if they needed him to, he could even fill the sf spot if injuries or foul trouble require him to step in.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>clownskull</b>!
i must admit it will be tough to find time for mercer. however, the pacers will be going to a big guard lineup this year. tinsley will still start but isiah wants to replace him (when he gets tired) with a big guard to handle the ball. some people may blast this as a terrible idea. so be it. mercer is a good ballhanlder and he will have a training camp under his belt to get more aquainted with his team. he was injured most of last year when the pacers got him. but when given time, he did things that impressed me. i could see him filling a variety of roles. part time pg, sg, and if they needed him to, he could even fill the sf spot if injuries or foul trouble require him to step in.
yes, ron mercer DID play point guard for the pacers in the playoffs, and did a great job defensively on kidd, i wouldnt be suprised if he got the bulk of the remaining PT at pg after tinsley this year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts