Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ron Mercer’s stay on the injured list will last at least another week, much to the ailing forward’s chagrin.

“There’s nothing worse than the doctors saying you can’t play,” Mercer said.

An MRI showed Mercer, who has played in just 18 games this season, has a tear in one of the discs in his back. He is not at a point where he can extend himself physically, but while he believes he could run and practice at low impact, doctors have advised him not to. In the meantime, Mercer will continue to visit a chiropractor daily, and undergo treatment to stretch his spine and loosen the sore area. He hopes to return to the rotation before the end of the regular season.

“Once the pain eases, I’ll do more,” Mercer said. “We’re making this push for the playoffs, so if we’re close, regardless if I’m 100 percent or not, I’m playing,” he said.
http://www.yesnetwork.com/nets/news.asp?news_id=948

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Honestly can say, haven't missed him.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Krstic All Star said:
What a non-factor. He's the Nets' answer to Penny Hardaway, but without the whining.
And without the balloon contract.

-Petey

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
True, so true. One reason why the Nets have a much better future than the Knicks. More specifically, one example of why the Nets will do better. Thorn is just that much more canny than Isaiah.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
KrispyKreme23 said:
Wow who cares? I thought he went to the injured list because he sucked and not because he got injured again.
That is pretty understandable... :)

It was cool when Turk was trying to cause stuff, Mercer stared them down in street clothes.

-Petey

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Petey said:
Honestly can say, haven't missed him.

-Petey
It would have been nice to have him as an option yesterday, when the offense couldn't get anything done, Kidd couldn't hit a shot, Buford couldn't do anything, and Best was injured. Mercer would have given them another shooter to call on to try to get something going.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It would have been nice to have him a week or so ago, but at this point, his arrival means nothing. I don't think the Nets are making the playoffs and no way is Ron Mercer going to help make sure they do.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
schub said:
It would have been nice to have him as an option yesterday, when the offense couldn't get anything done, Kidd couldn't hit a shot, Buford couldn't do anything, and Best was injured. Mercer would have given them another shooter to call on to try to get something going.
Yesterday? Buford had a nice game. He should had gotten more time with Vaughn.

-Petey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts