Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deng Misses the Rest of the Season!

Link

Oh crud... utter crud.... Deng's getting surgery for his hurt wrist and is going to miss the rest of the season!!! :curse:

WHY???? We are making SUCH a good playoff push and when we need him the most he is going to be goooooooooooooone! Whyyyyyyyyy???

I am going to my shed and going to cry myself a river :cry:

Thank god Paxson signed Noch too otherwsie we'd be faced with hell.... who knows maybe noch can into ginobli after the playoffs?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Re: Deng Misses the Rest of the Season!

We're paying EROB and Pippen to be small forwards for the Bulls this season. Maybe we can get them to play?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts

GodDengit.

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts

Is he out for the playoffs?

Please say no.....Please say no....Please say no

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

Rookie mistake by a rookie. Oh well.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts

El Chapu said:
Rookie mistake by a rookie. Oh well.

oh well?

wtf is that supposed to mean?

this is a big blow to the TEAM.

That's a huge blow to us," Paxson said. "We were so lucky early on with no injuries and now we have a bunch."

Tribune

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

mizenkay said:
That's a huge blow to us," Paxson said. "We were so lucky early on with no injuries and now we have a bunch."
Yeah, I guess they were kind of lucky early on.

This sucks.

:curse:

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts

Great. ****ing great.

Good way to get back into the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

mizenkay said:
oh well?

wtf is that supposed to mean?

this is a big blow to the TEAM.
Oh well because we cant do anything about it and was Deng that tried to play through his wrist injury when the Bulls actually had their playoffs spot all but sealed. Bad break there, Im sure Luol learned his lesson this time around and I wish he keeps his spirits up. And a quick recovery.
Obviously it is a big blow, but we have a very good TEAM that is going to step it up, from 1 to 12. I would be much more worried if Eddy was the one missing the rest of the season, and at this point this hasnt been ruled out (touching wood).

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

Electric Slim said:
When you hear the word "surgery" you can bet that he'll miss the playoffs.
And when surgery its inevitable with the playoffs being this close, you know its something more serious than first thought.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

Realistically its disappointing from the perspective that Luol will miss out on getting any first hand playoff experience. Other than that I'm glad that the Bulls diagnosed the injury properly rather than let him try to play through it and risk a more severe injury.

This is not our year to contend. So lets not let this unfortunate event spoil a magnificent season as we make our first foray into the playoffs. Deng will come back next season stronger and completely healthy. And because the Bulls are doing the right thing with him now, the chances of this wrist injury becoming chronic down the road have been greatly reduced. And for that I'm grateful.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts

Looks like we'll be seeing more of El Chapu.

This is a huge loss from a depth standpoint, but at least we have some vets who can fill in for Nocioni minutes (in Griffin and Pike). Not that he hasn't gone unnoticed, but Nocioni has stepped up his game big time as of late.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

Kismet said:
Realistically its disappointing from the perspective that Luol will miss out on getting any first hand playoff experience. Other than that I'm glad that the Bulls diagnosed the injury properly rather than let him try to play through it and risk a more severe injury.

This is not our year to contend. So lets not let this unfortunate event spoil a magnificent season as we make our first foray into the playoffs. Deng will come back next season stronger and completely healthy. And because the Bulls are doing the right thing with him now, the chances of this wrist injury becoming chronic down the road have been greatly reduced. And for that I'm grateful.
While I agree that we should not play Deng though the injury, its still tremendously disappointing.

We've been one of the best teams in the league since the new year.

Was I the only one thinking this team could go to the finals if either SHAQ/Wade went down or if the Heat were miraculously upset in the playoffs?

Go Chapu, Go!

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts

Thank you thank you thank you thank you Pax for picking up Noce this offseason. Losing Deng still totally sucks, but if we didn't have Noce this would certainly look even worse.

I wonder if we'll be seeing more of the 3 short guard lineup that we've seen a bit before now.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts

Damn, this is a huge blow. Horrible. Deng is only 19 years old though, let's just hope he gets proper treatment and it doesn't affect him at all long term. I have a lot of faith in Nocioni to step up in big situations, he is just that kind of player.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

I think even Deng-less, we can give any team in the east save Miami a solid run in a 7 game series.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

kukoc4ever said:
I think even Deng-less, we can give any team in the east save Miami a solid run in a 7 game series.
That's what i was thinking too.... up until march we were playing with our team unharmed and up untill mid march we struggled trying to adjust..... but i think the bulls found a way to click even wihtout key players.... thank gawd that the bulls had time to adjust when deng was out with a sprained ankle

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

Im concerned about Nocioni as well, and how he will respond to this challenge. He is banged up, and at this point Im sure all he wants to do is rest his body. I mean, this guy has been ballin' almost all year long (2004) except when he was out with injuries.
I hope people dont judge him based on the rest of the season + playoffs. Im afraid many will blame him (and Deng's injury) if the Bulls go down early in postseason play.
Deng's injury couldnt come in a worst time. Really.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts