Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Re: NWO Pelicans Logo Leaked

It's actually bad looking. Kind of strikes me as more of a Hockey logo for some reason.

When does this go into effect? Next season?

·
Registered
500 Posts
BREAKING NEWS: New Orleans Pelicans

As I write this very post, NBA TV has interrupted their rebroadcast of the Rockets-Nuggets game to give a LIVE coverage of the New Orleans Hornets brand name change from Hornets to New Orleans Pelicans.

A brief video was played to show the significance of the Pelican in the state Louisiana, and how the pelican species has survived environmental turmoil and unrest over the last century.

So, what are your thoughts? Do you appreciate the new brand name, or are you somewhat sentimental and will miss the longtime standing Hornets brand name?

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Orleans Pelicans

I am sure they will sign over naming rights to the Bobcats.

Pelicans is a fine name, I am not sure why so many people are against it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Pelicans works, and the logo turned out well.

I think its a good move altogether.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts

Im not a fan of the name, but then i again i dont have too root for them ... so i guess i really dont care, i am glad that the hornets name and hopefully color scheme can go back to Charlotte though.

·
Registered
500 Posts

It's actually bad looking. Kind of strikes me as more of a Hockey logo for some reason.

When does this go into effect? Next season?
Yes! It goes into effect at the start of the 2013-2014 preseason. Though, I'm not sure if they have legal rights to use the logo during camp before the 2013-2014 preseason.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts

I actually think they've done a really good job. Bravo, 'Cans.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts

‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Charlotte Bobcats say they are engaged in due diligence on the possibility of being the Hornets again, but decline comment until conclusion.
Marc J. Spears

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts

Pelicans is a dumb name but if you really think about it, majority of all sports teams have dumb names. You're just so used to the names and don't know any different that you don't think much of it.

But anyways, I really dig the logo and colors. Excited to see the jerseys.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts

I'm already used to the name. It's fine and the logo looks good given the name. It's just like when the OKC became the Thunder. Everyone thought it sounded stupid but we're all used to it now.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
^Agreed.

It's officially released now.

·
Registered
500 Posts

majority of all sports teams have dumb names.
LOL

In the early 90s, I will never forget a Bulls vs Lakers game in which a fan held a sign that said "What the hell is a Laker?"

After giving it some thought, "Lakers" is probably the only name of a team that is not in the dictionary.

So, exactly what the hell is a Laker? : )

Hmm. I guess it can be argued because Merriam Webster actually describes laker as: one associated with a lake; a fish (as a lake trout)living in or taken from a lake.

However, I doubt that definition of laker is what the Lakers intended their logo to mean. : )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts