Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chad Ford Speculates..........................

That JC will go to Cleveland as a FA to join buddy Lebron James. Let me repeat, this is SPECULATION, not a rumor. Cleveland does need a PG who can shoot and will have about enough cap space for JC. But would Jim screw John? Would JC go to a place he lambasted a couple of years ago? I dont know. But what I do know is if JC goes to Cleveland and turns into another Artest, then we ought to dismantle this franchise
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Re: Chad Ford Speculates..........................

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
That JC will go to Cleveland as a FA to join buddy Lebron James. Let me repeat, this is SPECULATION, not a rumor. Cleveland does need a PG who can shoot and will have about enough cap space for JC. But would Jim screw John? Would JC go to a place he lambasted a couple of years ago? I dont know. But what I do know is if JC goes to Cleveland and turns into another Artest, then we ought to dismantle this franchise
I do know that JC & Lebron are great friends. I guess this move wouldn't surprise me. Man, it sure would be hard not to become a Cleveland fan if they pulled this off. I'm not a bandwagonner but man. Still, the Bulls can match any offer the Cavs make so maybe I can breath a sigh of relief.
 

·
The Snake
Joined
·
6,527 Posts
Hey if he's set on going there, how about Jamal Crawford for DaJaun Wagner and J.R. Bremer. We all agree Wagner is a player and Bremer is better and younger than Brunson is. So why not make that trade. It works under the cap I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
Hey if he's set on going there, how about Jamal Crawford for DaJaun Wagner and J.R. Bremer. We all agree Wagner is a player and Bremer is better and younger than Brunson is. So why not make that trade. It works under the cap I believe.
cause cleveland can sign JC outright. They dont need to make that trade. And i doubt Pax wants JC under any circumstance this summer. but who knows. Cleveland would be very formidable with a James/Crawford backcourt and Boozer upfront. They could even have Wagner and JC in the backcourt with James at the 3. That versatility is scary. But if it happens, we have done a good job creating contenders in Indiana and Cleveland
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
Unless someone offers a huge contract ($50 or more over 7 years), JPaxman will match anything for JC. Somehow i have a feeling that both Fizer and JC are going to be pretty good next year if they on a different team.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!


cause cleveland can sign JC outright. They dont need to make that trade. And i doubt Pax wants JC under any circumstance this summer. but who knows. Cleveland would be very formidable with a James/Crawford backcourt and Boozer upfront. They could even have Wagner and JC in the backcourt with James at the 3. That versatility is scary. But if it happens, we have done a good job creating contenders in Indiana and Cleveland
Pax can still match whatever deal Cleveland throws at JC though, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!


Pax can still match whatever deal Cleveland throws at JC though, right?
He can, but he has shown zero desire to match a deal starting at 6 mil, let alone at $1. I doubt John would match any deal for JC. and JC pretty much wants out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
This is strange...

Maybe the J-Craw speculation is true.....J.R. Bremer was just activated. John Paxson probably wanted to see this guy in action before pulling the trigger.

I am totally cool with Wagner/Bremer for J-Craw. Both guys provide offense. Bremer I think made alot of 3's for Boston last yr too right? I really like Wagner's game too. If you remember he played really well against J-Will last yr too. He is awesome.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

He can, but he has shown zero desire to match a deal starting at 6 mil, let alone at $1. I doubt John would match any deal for JC. and JC pretty much wants out
I don't know. I have heard that JCprefers remaining a Bull to everything else. Remember Curry is his friend too and he has his home in Chicago now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,577 Posts
I would be schocked If I see the Cavs parting with Wagner. No chance they trade Juanny, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Well I am hear to start a petition

We should really see if we can trade Wagner for Crawford straight up!! I mean this makes sense for both teams.

DO IT PAX. Trust me this guy will be as good as Iverson. A little bigger too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
But can Cleveland afford to sign both Crawford and Boozer? Not right now, not unless they can lose another contract (expansion draft/trade).

If Cleveland does not resign McGinnis, they have 36.8 million committed in salary for next year already. Add in a cap hold of, let's say, 1.5 million (that's probably well under what the figure will be) for a high draft pick, and we're up to 38.3. Chad Ford estimates the cap at 45 mil for next year, so the Cavs are left with 6.7 in cap space.

I'm not sure that will be enough to sign Boozer alone, who they do not have Bird rights to because he was a 2nd round pick on a 2 year contract. If Carlos is happy there, he'll take a lenghty deal starting at that figure, and that will be that.

By my calculations, the Cavs are one or two relatively major moves away from having the money to snare Jamal. Now if they put up Z in the expansion draft and Charlotte takes him (and the time frame works out), then that's a different story.

Am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
If JC were to go to Cleveland, he would thrive playing next to LeBron.

I think your right DMD. I'm sure Cleveland won't have the money to resign Boozer and sign JC.
 

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
Joined
·
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
Hey if he's set on going there, how about Jamal Crawford for DaJaun Wagner and J.R. Bremer. We all agree Wagner is a player and Bremer is better and younger than Brunson is. So why not make that trade. It works under the cap I believe.
I have not agreed to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Benny the Bull</b>!
If JC were to go to Cleveland, he would thrive playing next to LeBron.

I think your right DMD. I'm sure Cleveland won't have the money to resign Boozer and sign JC.
LeBron would be the perfect partner for Jamal. I still think LeBron is a great point guard prospect, but obviously he's a great combo guard and he can do it all. Pair him in the backcourt with Jamal, and Jamal can take a lot of the pressure off, both as a scorer and a distributor. Plus Jamal would be able to guard point guards and LeBron two men.
 

·
I never slice.
Joined
·
2,282 Posts
Somehow I don't think Paxson will see Wagner as an upgrade over Jamal. Both players have the same deficiencies in shot selection and poor shooting efficiency. I'm not sure about Wagner's defense, but I'm guessing it's not any better than Crawford's either.

And Wagner/Hinrich would be a very small backcourt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I disagree completely

He is an upgrade from Jamal. He is fearless and will attach the basket plus he hasnt been in the league as long as Jamal. This guy can put up points in a hurry and would be a problem with Kirk for other teams. Look at Wesley and Davis
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top