Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESPN Insider: Bulls/Clippers Trade

On Insider today, Chad Ford says that the Clippers are unwilling to do the Fizer for Jaric/Ely trade straight up. Apparently, L.A. is asking for Crawford to be included as well.

Ford says that the Bulls would do a Crawford/Fizer for Richardson/Ely trade but that the Clippers want to keep Richardson.

Instead, Ford suggests Jaric/Dooling/Ely for Crawford/Fizer. He says that this makes sense for both teams.

If the Bulls did that final trade, I think I would have to stop watching games. Crawford is clearly worth more around the league IMO.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Now this is a good trade for the Clips the Fizer for Jaric/Ely was ****. No way the clips will give Q up.

·
Banned
900 Posts
Is Pax an idiot?

He is concidering to trade craw for jaric and Dooling?Is he drunk or sth?At least he should take Q IN THE PACKAGE.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
For all I care the Clippers can :kissmy:

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
As much as I want JC traded I would not do a Jaric/Dooling/Ely for JC/Fizer. No way.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Yeah, thats just Ford speculating. If the Clips want to clear their cap for a chance at signing Kobe they will give us Jaric & Ely for Fizer & maybe Brunson. If not, they can look to find another team to clear cap with.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
You're not getting Q, put the pipe down...

As a Bulls fan, we'd be ripping the Clips off in a Fizer for Jaric/Ely deal....

That's not going to happen.

As a Clips fan, if we do any deal at all, lets keep it simple, Fizer for Jaric, or Fizer for Ely, I don't really see where Fizer fits in our team, and honestly I don't want him.

I want JC.

We can sign JC this offseason.

Trade with Bulls, not going to happen, unless its a simple deal.

We're a good team, the Bulls are going nowhere fast, I don't even know why we're considering blessing them with Jaric.

I think we need a starting PG...but Jaric would be a nice 6th man, I hope we keep him.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
If the Clippers land Kobe, a big IF, where is Q going to play? He certainly wont come off the bench. Maybe later, during the offseason, but it could look like this:

Bulls:
Curry
Chandler
?
Q
Hinrich

Clippers:
Kaman
Brand
Maggette
Kobe
Crawford

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Arenas, Crawford is restricted free agent, meaning the Clippers would have to offer him in the neighborhood of 6-7mil for the Bulls not to match.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>dsouljah9</b>!
Arenas, Crawford is restricted free agent, meaning the Clippers would have to offer him in the neighborhood of 6-7mil for the Bulls not to match.
exactly, so the clippers either sign kobe or try to get crawford with a big offer sheet if the kobe pursuit fails. they'll never get both.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
You're not getting Q, put the pipe down...

As a Bulls fan, we'd be ripping the Clips off in a Fizer for Jaric/Ely deal....

That's not going to happen.

As a Clips fan, if we do any deal at all, lets keep it simple, Fizer for Jaric, or Fizer for Ely, I don't really see where Fizer fits in our team, and honestly I don't want him.

I want JC.

We can sign JC this offseason.

Trade with Bulls, not going to happen, unless its a simple deal.

We're a good team, the Bulls are going nowhere fast, I don't even know why we're considering blessing them with Jaric.

I think we need a starting PG...but Jaric would be a nice 6th man, I hope we keep him.
Arenas, I understand where your coming from but the Clips have to free up some capspace to make a run at Kobe. Thats why they ought to do the ELy/Jaric for Fizer package. After all, it's for expiring contract anyway. ANd they won't be able to resign those guys AND go after Kobe.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I understand wanting to make a run at Kobe, but I also understand not shooting yourself in the foot.

I haven't done the research, but I'm sure we have a lot of money to play with.

We resigned Mags and Brand last year to huge deals and still were able to offer 10 million to Arenas...

I'm not convinced we can't sign Kobe and JC.

JC won't command Arenas money, and 6 million is what I think he's worth and what the Bulls won't pay.

If Kobe leaves The Lake Show, he goes to Phoenix or Clips, anywhere else that someone imagines is just the result of inhaling too much paint thinner.

We can deal with Charlotte for Augmon and Drew, this deal doesn't have to get done with the Bulls.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Arenas, I understand where your coming from but the Clips have to free up some capspace to make a run at Kobe. Thats why they ought to do the ELy/Jaric for Fizer package.
I'm sure that's what Bulls fans want, but Elgin has already said no.

The more I think about that trade it's a stupid trade.

If JC isn't thrown in there, we're idiots...

Why create a huge hole at PG for this rest of this season?

We're actually a good basketball team, and any steps we take should be steps taken forward, not backwards, and that's exactly what a trade like that would exhibit.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

I'm sure that's what Bulls fans want, but Elgin has already said no.

The more I think about that trade it's a stupid trade.

If JC isn't thrown in there, we're idiots...

Why create a huge hole at PG for this rest of this season?

We're actually a good basketball team, and any steps we take should be steps taken forward, not backwards, and that's exactly what a trade like that would exhibit.
Again, you guys have to get under the cap to offer Kobe a deal! It's simple as that. Your not trading for value your trading for cap space! You need to realize that.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Jaric/Dooling/Ely for Crawford and Fizer?

uhhhh - I'd rather save Fizer and get some financial relief after the season than this.

I like the Q trade though.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Again, you guys have to get under the cap to offer Kobe a deal! It's simple as that. Your not trading for value your trading for cap space! You need to realize that.
Ok I understand that, but Elgin has already said NO to Ely/Jaric for Fizer...

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
I dont think JC can play point and wouldnt be a good fit on the CLips team.
Hmm....

Do you ever say a good thing about anyone?

I saw your posts about "I saw such and such play in the (insert league) and they sucked, I can't believe they made it to the league"

Read Matt Barnes....

So your evaluation of talent is in ? for now...

You obviously haven't seen JC play enough and he is exactly what the Clips need.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

Ok I understand that, but Elgin has already said NO to Ely/Jaric for Fizer...
I don't think he has. All the reports I am hearing is he is just trying to get Crawford in the deal too which won't happen. Bottom line is the Clips deal Jaric & Ely for Fizer or they find another team to try to shed cap with, and thats not as easy as it may sound. If Baylor is confident in their chances at Kobe he WILL do this deal.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts