Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Francis, photographer tangle
Magic star denies kicking allegation

Orlando Magic guard Steve Francis allegedly kicked a courtside photographer in the fourth quarter of last night's game at KeyArena.

Francis denied it after the game, but photographer Jeff Reinking said that he was kicked by Francis, who had fallen on top of Reinking on the baseline beneath the Magic's basket with 8:49 left in the game. Reinking spoke with an NBA security official, Robert Sale, who was making a report of the incident.

"I fell back, couldn't get away from him," Reinking was heard telling the league official. "Then he kicked me."

The play happened in the fourth minute of the fourth period. Francis had attempted a layup, which was blocked by Sonics forward Rashard Lewis. Francis fell out of bounds and his legs landed on Reinking, a courtside photographer for the NBA who was seated on the baseline beneath the basket.

"I just put my hand to move his leg and protect myself like I've done 100 times before," Reinking said.

It was after Francis had landed that he kicked him Reinking. Reinking said he remembered just one "bang" from a kick though it appeared Francis may have used both feet.
Francis was asked about the incident after the game in the locker room, although a team public-relations spokesman had conferred with Francis before he spoke.

"He threw my legs down, man," Francis said. "That was it."

Francis was then asked if he kicked the photographer.

"No," Francis said. "Uh-uh. I don't know what happened."

Francis was booed by the crowd the next time he touched the ball as plenty of people saw the incident.
LINK

Just some more great news surrounding Steve Francis. I think the Magic should suspend Steve for at least one game and make him watch the game on TV so he can see how fluidly the offense runs without him on the court holding the ball and stopping everything. The Magic would probably win for once, too.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Francis Suspended Indefinetly

Read on another site that Francis has officially been suspended indefinetly for kicking a camera man last night.

This will hurt his trade value a little bit.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Re: Francis Suspended Indefinetly

His trade value is pretty low right now, at one point, he looked like he had matured both on and off the court. Now, he's back to his old ways, and it tells me a lot about his character that he is doing this right in the thick of things during a mid-season crisis when his team needs him most to build a playoff push.

I still expect Orlando to atleast be the 8th seed, though.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

Shanghai Kid said:
Read on another site that Francis has officially been suspended indefinetly for kicking a camera man last night.

This will hurt his trade value a little bit.
Not necessarily. I heard about this earlier, but nobody I've talked to who watched the game last night saw it happen. Rodman got like 10 games for the same kind of thing, so considering his past history and the fact that the incident wasn't caught on tape (as far as I know), he should only be out a couple of games. I'll be very interested to see how the team plays without him.

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts

This could be a blessing in disguise and hopefully it gets Howard more touches.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Wow, that happened quickly.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you. No, seriously I'm glad this happened. I posted in the other thread I started about this incident that If I were the Magic I would suspend Francis, and well it looks like the league did it. Expect a lot more ball movement tonight without Francis out there to stop everything, expect a big night from the rookies, and most importantly expect a win.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts

God I'm really starting to hate this guy, because he is not providing our team with any advantage by having him. I say trade him as soon as his stock rises up a little.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Minnesota Magician said:
God I'm really starting to hate this guy, because he is not providing our team with any advantage by having him. I say trade him as soon as his stock rises up a little.
Sadly, that seems to be the consensus around here now a days. He had his chance to win our support, but now it seems pretty much everyone hates him.

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=up>Trade Francis!</marquee>

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

JNice said:
Sadly, that seems to be the consensus around here now a days. He had his chance to win our support, but now it seems pretty much everyone hates him.

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=left>Trade Francis!</marquee>
<marquee behavior=scroll direction=right>Trade Francis!</marquee>
<marquee behavior=scroll direction=down>Trade Francis!</marquee>

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Let's see how we ll play without "Steve-O"...I think better...

TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!TRADE FRANCIS!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I found out about this before the game and the funny thing was, I'm not mad. With Francis out, the Magic will probably win.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Piston-PiercePower said:
And why the heck would he kick a photographer?!
He's an idiot. No need to put it in any fancy terms, Francis is still a childish fool.

This will probably actually do Orlando more good then anything else. They now know they cannot count on "The Franchise" when they need him most, and I feel they have found themselves a true PG in Nelson, and just need to trade the cancer for a decent SG. From there on out, things should improve if given time.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
theLegend said:
He's an idiot. No need to put it in any fancy terms, Francis is still a childish fool.

This will probably actually do Orlando more good then anything else. They now know they cannot count on "The Franchise" when they need him most, and I feel they have found themselves a true PG in Nelson, and just need to trade the cancer for a decent SG. From there on out, things should improve if given time.
I got to agree with that. When Francis does get back, Jent should have him come off the bench as a backup PG for Nelson. Nelson has been playing better than Francis any way.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
theLegend said:

Hit the nail on the head theLegend.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Piston-PiercePower said:
Well, you guys won last night without him.

How long do you guess he'll be out?

And why the heck would he kick a photographer?!
1.) Why yes, yes we did.

2.)He'll probably be out 'till towards the end of the season. Rodman did the same thing way back when and he got an 11 game suspension.

3.)He kicked the photogropher because he is a whiny baby and he was frustrated with officiating. He tried to make it all secretive but he was caught on camera. I'll laugh at whatever team has him at the begining of next season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts