Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these stupid trade rumors

if ya take a look at all the trade rumors in the forums how many of them actually having better players coming 2 us than we already have??? all the rumors involve god ROLE players coming to the team..............but we already have role players if were gonna trade then lets trade 4 really really good players not good role players........but im in favour of keeping the kidz and upping there work ethic over the summer then well see the rewards

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
This team needs a SUPERSTAR badly

All these trades I see here that are being posted will p[ut us in the same circle...

Battier,Posey,Dunleavy,..whatever else can't put us on the top.

The Bulls are 3rd in attendance while they suck at 13-33

We need to get Bryant,McGrady or Pierce here somehow someway.

Bulls' fans don't deserve this .The UC is packed and fans from message boards from all over the world are showing their support.

This is reality.We won't be going nowhere with the C-Unit....neither with anyone else we get unless we replace them with any of the top3(KB,TMAC or Pierce)

Is a package of JC,Tyson,Eddy worth of any of those SUPERSTARS????

I don't think so.

Maybe Pax could do the colpo grosso with the Lakers about Kobe but that's about it.

But then again there is the draft....

We should've sucked last year

But I think that Bulls fans are so fed up with the bulls' sucking the past 6 years..that a mediocre team will satisfy us

Damn

:no: :heart: :( :upset: :sigh:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
IN REPLY TO THE "NEED A SUPERSTAR" THREAD THAT GOT MOVED HERE:

I agree. Unfortunetly the draft is our most likely means of grabbing a superstar. Free agency hasnt been kind to us.

I havent really heard anything about us making a run at Kobe, so I dont think we will be able any superstar in FA for awhile, atleast until after next season.

Its almost impossible to trade for a franchise player, guys like that are untradeable. Like Pierce, we have nothing that would get him.

I dont know how much longer we can do this, we have to put together a solid team before we can lure a FA into coming here. We have to put together a solid group of guys and make a run at Tmac when hes a FA.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I agree to a point. What the Bulls are tyring to do is "grow their own superstar". Unfortunately they look bad without another real option to score.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Okafor should/will be a superstar :grinning:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: This team needs a SUPERSTAR badly

Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!

Is a package of JC,Tyson,Eddy worth of any of those SUPERSTARS????

I don't think so.
JC, Eddy, Tyson and ERob for TMac and DeClerq works under the cap. The question is, would you as a Bulls fan do this trade? I know I wouldn't. We would be even worse than we are now. And we wouldn't even have hope for some kind of bright future, then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Greg Ostertag!</b>!
Okafor should/will be a superstar :grinning:
First of all its not guaranteed that we are getting the number 1 pick and if we do not get the #1 pick how do we know that some other team wont grab him before us

Im pretty sure he will be a superstar but y say he will in a thread about the bulls needing a superstar if hes not even on our team yet and we dont know if he will be?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EddyCurry4MVP</b>!
Im pretty sure he will be a superstar but y say he will in a thread about the bulls needing a superstar if hes not even on our team yet and we dont know if he will be?
No superstar is on our team yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

No superstar is on our team yet.

Your Kidding!! Even a blind man can see the bulls have no superstar on the team. all im saying is that Okafor is not on our team. If he's gonna be a superstar or not no one and i mean NO ONE know if he's going to be on our team. So y say he's going to be, in a thread about needing a superstar. Who knows we could slip to the 5th spot in the draft so why do all of us ( i say us because i'm a huge bulls fan and i know all of you r too) keep saying that we're going to draft him

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EddyCurry4MVP</b>!
Your Kidding!! Even a blind man can see the bulls have no superstar on the team. all im saying is that Okafor is not on our team. If he's gonna be a superstar or not no one and i mean NO ONE know if he's going to be on our team. So y say he's going to be, in a thread about needing a superstar. Who knows we could slip to the 5th spot in the draft so why do all of us ( i say us because i'm a huge bulls fan and i know all of you r too) keep saying that we're going to draft him
I'm just saying you said why talk about a guy whos not on our team yet. Well, no superstar is on our team yet. You have to go out of your way to get superstars.

If we package whatever pick we get, with Curry, we could easily move up to be in position to draft Okafor. Just like we could have packaged Jaywill with the 7th pick to move up and get Melo. But we were slow on it, and didnt think it was worth it for some odd reason.

We need to go out of our way to get Okafor, otherwise we wont get him unless the pick falls in our hands which is very possible. Just because we dont get a high enough pick to get him, doesnt mean we cant move up, it doesnt mean were stuck with that pick.

Like I said, you have to go out of you way to get a superstar, they wont always fall in your hands like MJ. Chicago needs to learn that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Regarding drafting Okafor:

I'm getting a strange case of deja vu, I had all the same type of thoughts when J Will was coming out of Duke. I was praying to the BBALL GODS that we would get the first pick or Houston would with franchise at the point. Never wanted Yao, J was the goods!!! Chicagos next superstar, and in many repected experts opinion as well as mine. What does this mean...well you never know what is going to happen, so never get your hopes up too high!
Remember when Bulls fans would / could justify to each other our terrible records by virtue of our higher purpose, to build a championship team. Not medocrity, no sir, we wanted no part of being a perpertual 4th seed in the East, that was considered worse than death. Today we would take that in a heartbeat, just to advance our sorry cause! How the goal has changed.

Regarding trading for a superstar:
I am trying to remember the last time that happened in the entire league. A real top 5 superstar in his PRIME changing teams via trade, not guys on the decline or FA's or unproven rookies. I remember when Kareem was dealt from the Bucks, that was a huge shock because he was the #1 player in the game, at that time. Guy's give me a history lesson here, thanks.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SPIN DOCTOR</b>!
Regarding drafting Okafor:

I'm getting a strange case of deja vu, I had all the same type of thoughts when J Will was coming out of Duke. I was praying to the BBALL GODS that we would get the first pick or Houston would with franchise at the point. Never wanted Yao, J was the goods!!! Chicagos next superstar, and in many repected experts opinion as well as mine. What does this mean...well you never know what is going to happen, so never get your hopes up too high!
Remember when Bulls fans would / could justify to each other our terrible records by virtue of our higher purpose, to build a championship team. Not medocrity, no sir, we wanted no part of being a perpertual 4th seed in the East, that was considered worse than death. Today we would take that in a heartbeat, just to advance our sorry cause! How the goal has changed.

I am trying to remember the last time that happened in the entire league. A real top 5 superstar in his PRIME changing teams via trade, not guys on the decline or FA's or unproven rookies. I remember when Kareem was dealt from the Bucks, that was a huge shock because he was the #1 player in the game, at that time. Guy's give me a history lesson here, thanks.
I agree with everything here, especially about teams not trading superstars. So unless Pax has a plan to go after Kobe, which I dont think he does, then the draft is the only means of finding a superstar in the next year. Its impossible to predict a player suffering a life threatening injury, and if I knew Jay Will would go down like that, I wouldnt have drafted him.

Since you cant really trade for a superstar, Okafor is the only thing for me or anyone to be excited about at this point, in terms of finding a superstar. There are a few franchises out there who need a superstar, and if the Bulls dont make an effort to get him, then he'll slip away to another team. We have the most trade bait in the league perhaps, we have 3 young prospects and what looks to be a top 5 pick atleast.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

Last time was probably in 1992 when Barkley demanded to be traded. Don't remember all the key pieces, but I know Hornacek and two others were involved. Of course Barkley went on to win MVP that year and lead the Suns to the finals and the best record in the league.

Separate case, and maybe not a top 5 talent, but Dominique for Manning was a big deal. Unfortunately, that was basically the end of Nique's career, as he went to Europe the following year, then came back with Boston and SA. This is really similar to what happened with GP and Allen last season.

But in this era of basketball? Hasn't happened yet. And I'm willing to bet that the Elton Brand trade has shown a lot of GMs to get rid of any stupid ideas of trading a sure thing for potential (unless it's LeBron, who was almost a sure thing). So IMO, we won't see it happen again (outside of a forced trade).

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I am trying to remember the last time that happened in the entire league.
I can't either, but MJ would still be here if Krause had been allowed to trade Pip for McGrady.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts