Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
Maybe he could join Eddie JOrdan as an assistant
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I'm hoping for Doc Rivers.

-Petey
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
okay, so how long is it going to be untill Jason Kidd get the next coach fired also?
They should certainly give coaches of theirs shorter contracts.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,503 Posts
Lawrence Frank is being coach for now, I think thats his name, I saw it on the bottom of the ESPN channel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
B.Scott Firing is No Surprise

Last summer when J.Kidd denied that he demanded Scott be fired for him to return to NJ it should have been obvious. At that point Kidd didn't want to have the coach killer label. So why not just wait till mid next season so he wouldn't be the scapegoat. Well it happened and the summer's strange events should not be forgotten. Without a contract going into the season and with the star player not liking him B.Scott was the biggest lame-duck coach in NBA history.

Check this article from some time ago: http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68623&forumid=63

I wouldn't even be surprised if in Kidd's contract negotiations they all argeed Scott would be fired at some point during the first half of the season.

Winning for an NBA head coach doesn't equate to increased job security at all. Look at last years Eastern Conference Finals. Rick Carlisle and Byron Scott both fired by their respective teams. Pretty crazy these days.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!

makes sense when you have such horrible attendence.
What does that have to do with coaching? I'm saying shorter contracts due to the rate Kidd KOs coaches and overall turnaround of coaches/good coaches in the NBA (IE Silas, Rivers etc etc).

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
I hope people finally realize why Kidd is so overrated, every team he has gone to the coach has been fired while he was there. Great player but if he his death for coaches he must split the team, with some players being on his side about the coach and others against him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!


What does that have to do with coaching? I'm saying shorter contracts due to the rate Kidd KOs coaches and overall turnaround of coaches/good coaches in the NBA (IE Silas, Rivers etc etc).

-Petey
Higher Attendence equals more revenue for the team. If the team is firing their coach they are still owe him the money left on his contract. If the team highers a coach for a shorter contract then if they fire him they will owe him less money then they would if he was signed to a long term contract.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
I'm not from jersey, so i don't know the whole story. But it seems to me if a coach takes you to 2 straight NBA finals, and has you in position for the #2 seed at midseason, he must be doing something right. Who is out there that can do better?
Granted their record isn't that great, but they play in a horrible divsion.
Is he also the GM? Because I think he has done great coaching with the available talent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,047 Posts
B. Scott - J West - K Bryant in '04, baby!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
Higher Attendence equals more revenue for the team. If the team is firing their coach they are still owe him the money left on his contract. If the team highers a coach for a shorter contract then if they fire him they will owe him less money then they would if he was signed to a long term contract.
True, but this is Scotts last year anyway. Its not like they will be paying 2 coaches next year. Unless... I won't get into that.

-Petey
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>oblivion</b>!
I'm not from jersey, so i don't know the whole story. But it seems to me if a coach takes you to 2 straight NBA finals, and has you in position for the #2 seed at midseason, he must be doing something right. Who is out there that can do better?
Granted their record isn't that great, but they play in a horrible divsion.
Is he also the GM? Because I think he has done great coaching with the available talent.
Rod Thorn is the GM.

-Petey
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100,045 Posts
I first saw this on NBA.com's frontpage, and was very surprised to hear this. But when I sat down and thought about it, it really makes sense and shouldn't have come as that much of a shock considering the circumstances. Scott is on the last year of his contract, the Nets aren't playing nearly as well as they should be, they should be running away with the division yet the Celtics, 76ers, Knicks and Heat are all within 5 games of them, and still very much alive in the division race. Sure they've won the last 2 Eastern Conference Titles under Scott, but a move like this needed to be made to spark the club in order to reach the finals again. Not to mention, the star of the team didn't like him, which never helps...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top