• :nonono: Keep the heat on.

Votes: 12 54.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to back off.

They "get it" now if they didn't before. They know you think they need to "want it more" and need to play both ends of the court for the entire game.

More "tough love" won't help.

If they don't meet your requirements then just bench or trade them but stop with the drama please.

Agree or disagree?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Its unproductive now. You have to be stern, but I think they need to be supportive as ever now and show them that they are all trying to accomplish the same thing. That will help to kill the seperation and everyone can get on the same page.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
what tough love? If you want to complain about going to the media, thats fine. But how can you say what the players understand? They only play one way, thats why they get flak, benched.

If they understood, they would do what the coach asks, not to mention be in basketball shape at the very least. Like Skiles says, its a mans league.

If jamal understood, he would stop going one on one, and break off the offense jacking jumpers. If Eddy understood, he would stop saying he wants to do what Skiles says so that he can't be labeled uncoachable. He would say "i'll do it so i can get better"

Its not heat anymore, IMO. Its just no more excuses

Scottie says what needs to be said. Maybe it shouldn't be said in public. I can't say for sure. But maybe its been hammered in private and its gotten with no response, or indifference. Maybe Skiles and Scottie and Kendall are desperate and frustrated

·
Registered
60 Posts
this whole organization is screwed up! i dont know what to think anymore. but yes they need to stop lowering our players trade value over the media, idiots they are

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Good bye team chemistry. If we ever had it.

We know that it's Gill, Pippen, Skiles, probably Davis, and Paxson vs. Curry, Crawford, Fizer, Eddie Robinson

with Kirk, JYD and Dupree just like "yo. I just ball."

Can't be an atmosphere conducive to winning. So I don't think it's helping anymore.

Pippen is just piling on. And hasn't he said this before?

Shut up and trade the guys or shut up and go out and win some games without the young guys.

Holy ****. Our mascot has just been suspended for selling dope.
damn. Rock bottom we are.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
Nice objective poll, Lusty. :D

I wonder how you feel about this issue?
I think they should back off and questioned the wisdom of it when it began with Skiles. Actually it has been going on since Pink Floyd.
=================================
As for understanding meaning agreement/compliance, well I disagree. I'm sure all of us have actually understood what other posters points have been but sometimes despite understanding, we simply reject the point/opinion/method of logic etc..

The players are being asked for consistent effort. How long would that take you to understand? That's not a deep philosophical point that requires reflection. It's not a sophisticated technical part of the game that's being requested to be learned. It's "sweat equity". Bench players "understand" it(out of fear of being unemployed). Compete!

They know better but for whatever reason aren't giving it up. Saying it repeatedly is just piling on and doesn't advance the cause.

Stop the emotional "investment" unless the emotion is reciprocal. It helps no one. No reason to keep :banghead: . It's not worth it.

Speak softly and carry a big stick or schtick. :grinning:

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Good bye team chemistry. If we ever had it.
not to worry.

we didn't. :|

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
that is a concern. lowering trade values.
However, i doubt its happening here. There are no secrets in the NBA. GMs know what they think about players, independently.

What they may not know, is how rival GMs feel. That can hurt you in trade negotiations, if a guy knows how you are playing your hand.

Public comments are used for venting, and maybe letting a player no you weren't kidding when you chewed him out in private.
Is it working? Private comments aren't working, we know that.

One thing i believe.......it doesn't hurt much, if at all. I think this is a non issue. Like Scottie says, Its up to the player to improve from within. Its like talking to an alcoholic. They won't change until their ready to.
The last question: why do it if it wont work? Good question. Like i said, its venting probably. I think its more likely to embarass a guy into action, than non action. Its nothing to worry about

·
Registered
60 Posts
we dont need to hear these motivation speaches through the media all the time, yes the league knows whats up but they dont fully know how pax truly feels about the players until he open his goGGGdamn mouth. now that they know pax wants to trade these guys, they wont offer much

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Well this might make you feel better Lusty. I just watched CLTV and they interviewed Antonio Davis. He basically said that 'Eddy is going to be fine.. he's had a couple good games recently... we need to let him get a chance to get on the court and respond to all the criticism'. Since negativity sells in the media, I'm sure this interview won't get much play on stations ;)

But yeah AD was sticking up for the kid.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Absolutely way past time to shut up.

I want the heat kept on, but there's no reason for the public whippings.

The only effects I see are negative:
* They can't help the trade value of the players and they make the Bulls seem desperate to unload them.
* They damage the fragile psyches of the guys they want to improve
* They appear pretty hypocritical given Pax's reaction to public player complaints earlier in the season.
* Feeds public hysteria among those prone to hysteria
* Feeds the opinion that the Bulls are being run on emotion not sense
* Feeds the opinion that the Bulls management were utter fools if they are only now coming to this opinion... and that they will be utter fools again if they change it again.

Like te old saying goes, better to be silently thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!
Well this might make you feel better Lusty. I just watched CLTV and they interviewed Antonio Davis. He basically said that 'Eddy is going to be fine.. he's had a couple good games recently... we need to let him get a chance to get on the court and respond to all the criticism'. Since negativity sells in the media, I'm sure this interview won't get much play on stations ;)

But yeah AD was sticking up for the kid.
I don't care if his game is ugly, AD is a very good player to have. I like having him more than Jalen Rose. (I just wish we could have him and Marshall).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts