Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quality backstops Molina, Hernandez draw club's interest:

NEW YORK -- Their need for an offensive upgrade addressed by the acquisition of Carlos Delgado, the Mets now will focus on acquiring the successor to Mike Piazza. Toward that objective, the club has made offers to the two most highly regarded catchers in the free agent market -- Bengie Molina and Ramon Hernandez -- anticipating that the presence of Delgado and the possible addition of Billy Wagner may increase the desire of one or both catchers to move to Shea Stadium.
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/...t_id=1272343&vkey=news_nym&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym

·
All my teams suck
8,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wink said:
are you crazy? Why do you need to resign a guy who is terrible defensivly behind the plate, didn't adjust well to 1B, and who's power #'s are on the decline?
bingo

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
I wanted Jojima here. If not I will take Molina though I guess.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wink said:
are you crazy? Why do you need to resign a guy who is terrible defensivly behind the plate, didn't adjust well to 1B, and who's power #'s are on the decline?
his getting old !

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Wink said:
We finally agreed on something! Rep! :biggrin:

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Update:

Omar Minaya believes that acting quickly helped him land Carlos Delgado, the power hitter the Mets needed for the middle of their lineup. Now Minaya is hoping the same aggressive approach will net him one of the top two catchers on the free-agent market.
Minaya has made offers to both Bengie Molina, who played for the Angels last season, and the Padres' Ramon Hernandez. The deals are similar three-year packages worth $5 million-to-$6 million per year, according to a baseball official.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/369145p-314093c.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts