Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HTML:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5107928

I am one really pissed mets fan right now.

1. This means no manram
2. We trade two guys I REALLY wanted to keep. Jacobs is a future allstar in my book.

HOW OLD IS DELGADO ANYWAY?? IF SOMEONE KNOWS

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
I with you Knick...that's why my signature says "The Future is Mike Jacobs". Why give him up? Minaya just made me extremely angry!!!!

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch Jacobs = future allstar

Delgado = gone to hell in the next 3-4 yrs

Petit = Possible future ace of the Marlins. No worse then 3rd sp

·
Premium Member
68,864 Posts
i'm a cubs fan, but felt like sharing my riff raff. basically, it looks like the mets really want to win right now, and are saying bye bye to their future. if their pitching can overachieve, it might just work, but i doubt it...

·
NY NY big city of dreams
2,493 Posts
well to be honest i know nothing of petit..........but i do know what jacobs did....

jacobs was a great low ball hitter other than that i didnt really see anything that stood out......i wouldnt say he's a base stealer, i wouldnt say he's a great defensive player but then again he is a young player and they take time to develope.......

but!!.......trading jacobs and petit for one of the best first basemen in the league i wouldve made the trade as well........we already have some great young talent with reyes and wright,.....now with a veteran like delgado in your lineup is only going to make the mets better........also, delgado and beltran are good friends so maybe bringing delgado here would loosen up beltran and he could go out their and just have fun,...instead of trying to hit a homerun on every at bat.......

i like this trade and besides to get manny we wouldve had to give up a lot more and i wouldnt call manny anything near a gold glover in the outfield.........manny already stated that he wanted to go to a west coast team too.......and manny isnt going to come cheap........i rather have delgado then manny with all the stuff he does he would probably make the mets seperate instead of come as a unit to win games......

good trade in my book.....how many young players do we really need,....a few more and we would be in rebuilding mold....we have a nice mix of vets and some youngsters that can flat out play,......but WE STILL NEED A CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
knicksfan said:
HTML:

1. This means no manram
2. We trade two guys I REALLY wanted to keep. Jacobs is a future allstar in my book.

You do know that Delgado is actually younger than Manny Ramirez (by a month)? Both are 33. Plus Delgado already knows the NL pitching.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
pissed we let Jacobs go, just like I was when we traded Kazmir, Delgado have watched him for a decade, great slugger but on decline of career, a real wildcard could hit 25 HR drive in 100 RBI's or be medicore.
Sign Wagner and get another starting pitcher.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Great trade for the Mets.. They wanna win now.. That's what you do in this business.. Delgado is a great addition any way you spin it!

Sorry but you gotta trade great players to get a great player.. It's not like Delgado is some scrub that hits .200 with 1 HR and 10 RBI's.. He'll hit about .295 with 30 HR's and 100 rbi's at least.. How can you go wrong with that?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Great trade for the Mets.. They wanna win now.. That's what you do in this business.. Delgado is a great addition any way you spin it!

Sorry but you gotta trade great players to get a great player.. It's not like Delgado is some scrub that hits .200 with 1 HR and 10 RBI's.. He'll hit about .295 with 30 HR's and 100 rbi's at least.. How can you go wrong with that?
he hit 301. that was a grade trade for the mets for sure im a die hard mets fan and i love the trade

·
Registered
206 Posts
knicksfan said:
HTML:

1. This means no manram

NO! they still have a lot to trade for manny they have lasting milledage, Xavier Nady , and Aaron Hielman please only 2 of them need to go for manny

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nady and Heilman for Manny now THAT is something id do

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Im pretty excited to get Delgado..Jacobs was exciting but he still a prospect. we are getting a proven bigtime slugger..Im happy with it.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
1B: Carlos Delgado
2B: Kazuo Matsui
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: David Wright
OF: Carlos Beltran
OF: Cliff Lee
OF: Xavier Nady
C: Ramon Castro

That's a pretty nice looking lineup, but they certainly improve upon the C position and their pitching.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Castro had a decent season in the 2nd half while Piazza was out at catcher..we definitly need to upgrade 2nd base and RF and relief pitching..Cliff Floyd is our LF not Cliff Lee :wink: Cliffy had a real good year if he stays healthy the Mets will be contenders. David Wright is about to blossom into an MVP candidate this season and I think Beltran will be so much better as well.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damian Necronamous said:

That's a pretty nice looking lineup, but they certainly improve upon the C position and their pitching.
Cliff Floyd not cliff LEE. However now beltran becomes the everyday center fielder not floyd as you have it here.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:

The 2b is going to change and the OF Xavier Nady is going to change and The C is going to change
And its not Cliff Lee

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
I had a chance to sleep it off and I'm still not happy about this trade. Delgado didn't want to come here in the first place and bashed the club last year. Why should I get excited. I rather keep Jacobs!!! They only way I can get over this funk if Minaya grabs Manny!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Kitty said:
I had a chance to sleep it off and I'm still not happy about this trade. Delgado didn't want to come here in the first place and bashed the club last year. Why should I get excited. I rather keep Jacobs!!! They only way I can get over this funk if Minaya grabs Manny!
He didnt bash the club he just said he wanted to go to florida because its closer to his home

1 - 19 of 19 Posts