Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miami receives:
Jason Williams
Stromile Swift

Memphis receives
Eddie Jones
Anthiny Carter

TRADE ACCEPTED

west is very interrested in eddie jones and he is even willing to give up 3 players for him.
miami needs to clear some space in the salary cap because riley wants duncan next year.
miami is trying to get young since it is a rebuilding year and they need a big man.
west is not too fond of swift and will be willing to trade him, and a knight/Carter combination is solid enough to fill up the pg spot.
this would give the grizzlies much needed leadership and experience.
eddie jones can become the mentor of the griz's young guys.
miami can fill up the jones gap by signing jim jackson or playing eddie house at sg.
miami gets enough talent for its rebuilding year from its young players.

miami lineup:
brian grant / stepania
stromile swift / marks / allen
caron butler / rasual butler
jim jackson / house / recker
jason williams / best

memphis lineup:
pau gasol / wright
drew gooden / hamilton
shane battier / giricek / person
eddie jones / dickerson
brevin knight / carter / gill

:rbanana: :gbanana: :banana: :wbanana: :bbanana: :cbanana: :vbanana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I agree that Eddie Jones--as well as Brian Grant--are totally on the trade block this year. But Jerry West isn't interested in acquiring Jones because of his longterm contract. PLUS, West already has Michael Dickerson (also a SG) signed to a longterm deal. And Wesley Person has two more years to go (at a very high salary). And Shane Battier can play some SG. And then there's Gordon Giricek, who is looking pretty decent so far this preseason.

The Grizz aren't a contender for Jones, in other words.

Look for Philly to trade Derrick Coleman and filler (Mark Bryant and either Sam Clancy, Samuel Dalembert, or Alvin Jones) for either Jones or Grant at some point. D.C.'s contract expires at the end of the season, which is a MUST for Miami.

The Knicks are another team that could get involved here, ESPECIALLY if the league decides to give them an injury exception for Antonio McDyess. If THAT happens, the Knicks would be able to acquire $4.5ish mil worth of salary for just a 2nd round pick (either the rights to Milos Vujanic or a future 2nd rounder). In other words, the Knicks could trade Charlie Ward (whose contract expires at the end of the 2003-04 season) and either Vujanic or a future 2nd rounder for either Grant OR Jones. OR a combination of unwanted longterm Memphis contracts--say, Ward and Vujanic for Jason Williams and Lorenzen Wright.

Another team who could get involved here: PORTLAND. Scottie Pippen begins the season on the IR. The Trailblazers are looking tough so far this postseason, WITHOUT Pippen. Let's say that Portland gets off to a hot start WITHOUT Pippen. They can get a LOT for Pippen. Why? Because Pippen has an expiring contract, and it's a HUGE expiring contract. Anybody out there wanting to dump salary--and Miami and Memphis are both wanting to dump salary--would LOVE to trade for Pippen! And, if Portland gets off to a hot start, they probably won't want to disrupt team chemistry by bringing Pippen back. Which is why trading him for some depth and to fill some team needs would be nice.

BOTTOM LINE: Eddie Jones IS on the block, but he isn't headed to Memphis. Think Philly, New York, and Portland instead.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd love to see Eddie Jones in Philadelphia,my hometown. But the trade expoused is not a bad one.Memphis could be more than a playoff team with the new lineup. Miami is just like New York. Have a firesale and start over.I think Miami's talent is more tradeable , however.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what you're saying makes sense, probably more than the trade i suggested, but if u go to miami's site on espn.com, then ull know what i mean.
the quote shows how much jerry west is interrested in eddie jones.

and then one more thing....
i would honestly never see eddie jones in philly cause then AI would complain about the amount of shots he takes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Joker -I disagree somewhat.

Eddie Jones is a Temple guy, and will play total team ball if asked.

Iverson does get frustrated with everyone elses MISSES but his own. He doesn't mind other guys scoring, from my observation. Don't forget, Brown put together a killer defensive team and dumped the whole offense on Iverson, not an easy thing. He loves to win and win big.

I think Jones is a complete player, and never should be reduced to one aspect of his game.He should never be the #1 offensive option , it is not his mindset or style.

When the 76ers are healthy this year, they have multiple offensive weapons for the first time in the Brown era. If Iverson
pouts or whatever in this scenario, I will be very surprised. If they lose, even if it is his fault, he will get very upset. Consistently showing the evenness
of professionalism , yet maintaining aggresivenesss, energy and desire, has eluded many a fine talent. This is the "mental" part of a long grueling season. Given Iverson's erractic early life,it will not come easy. More than his size,or minor defieciencies in his game, it is what separates Iverson from the elite (Jordan, Bird, Johnson et al.) .

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if the sixers wanna trade derrick coleman, then I would swap with brian grant.
i doubt the sixers have anyone we want for EJ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts