Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nba.com/games/20040208/MIAIND/preview.html

INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- The Indiana Pacers seek an eighth straight victory over the Miami Heat when the teams meet Sunday afternoon at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Indiana has not lost to Miami since January 19, 2002 and has held to the Heat to 80.5 points during the last seven meetings.

The Pacers kept their longest winning streak in the series alive with an 87-65 rout at Miami on January 5 as Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal each scored 22 points.

Indiana has won three straight home games from Miami and nine of its last 12 overall. The Pacers bounced back from Tuesday's loss at New York with an 83-77 win at Toronto on Friday.

While Artest led the team in scoring and effectively guarded Vince Carter, point guard Jamaal Tinsley was clutch. He shook off a poor shooting night and hit a key 3-pointer with 2:23 to go.

Miami shot a woeful 33 percent in its first meeting with the Pacers and was even worse in Saturday's 76-64 home loss to the New York Knicks. In their third straight loss, the Heat shot a season-low 30.5 percent from the field, including just 1-of-15 3-pointers.

They matched a season low in points as Eddie Jones shot 4-of-16 from the field and Lamar Odom finished 6-of-19.
Alston, Tinsley
Jones, Miller
Butler, Artest
Odom, JO
Grant, Foster

Wade is doubtful. Zhi Zhi, Walker, and Beasley are on the IL. Rasual could play today, but knowing SVG, he wont

Prediction- We have no chance, especially in Indiana without Wade.

Pacers- 88
Heat- 72

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I think the Heat will pull out the victory after being defeated by the Knicks yesterday. The final score will be

MIAMI 85
INDIANA 83

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by <b><< SkipToMyLou >></b>!
I think the Heat will pull out the victory after being defeated by the Knicks yesterday. The final score will be

MIAMI 85
INDIANA 83
I also have a feeling theres going to be a upset 91-88

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!
Wade will play but Caron is out wit an injured right elbow!!!
the injuries are just getting to be too much....

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wade is playing barely any...hes shoting 3-3 from the field and has 6 points...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Odom is unstoppable
LAMAR ODOM 33 6-9 3-3 9-10 6rebs 5ast 1stl 4blks 24pts with 7 minutes to go!

he is outplaying o'neal and having artest shoot 2-17 fromt he field.
he's playing the 3 with haslema nd grant the 4 and 5.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heat down by2 with about 4 to go...we could win this game

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
we're done

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea...we played well though...reggie killed us...5-5 from 3's....wade made most of his field goals, but was 3-8 from the line

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
odom was sensational!
25pts with only 10shots attempted 7rebs 7ast 4blks 1 stl and only a to!!

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Odom - 25pts 7reb 7ast 1stl 4blk

E.J. - 21pts 4reb 5ast

Wade - 15pts 4reb 2ast 1stl

Skip - 14pts 5ast 1stl

B.G. - 10pts 9reb 2stl 1blk

Good game!!!

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I think if Caron was playing we would have won this game. Or maybe the team used "Caron not playing" as motivation to play well...

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think caron would not of made a difference if he was in or not...woud of just meant less shots for lamar and jones and wade.....we dont play well with him in there...i think haslem and odom did as well as caron and odom would of done

1 - 15 of 15 Posts