Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ERob, JYD and Davis to Miami
Jones and Grant to Chicago

Grant and Davis are similar, but Grant is younger and has more gas in the tank.

Jones gives us defense and scoring. He can still play, and he, JC and Kirk give us a decent 3 guard combo. Means JC can play some PG, which helps Kirk since he has hit the rookie wall.

We get more talent but bad contracts. Miami would save about $23m with only JYD deal going into 2007.

The downside is we are paying Jones $15m+ in the last year of his contract when he is 36 and Grant $15m+ in the last year of his contract when he is 35. These guys would also be virtually untradeable.

Maybe Miami throws in their 1st rounder this year since we're helping them save a heap of money.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Well I'll say this, the trade would be great for the Bulls, but it won't happen because Miami is in the thick of the playoff race.

If this season were going like Riles thought it was going to go, and they were mediocre again, then I would have expected them to make some deals.

Regarding AD, I'd like to see us send him to Indiana and somehow get Harrington out of it...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
Well I'll say this, the trade would be great for the Bulls, but it won't happen because Miami is in the thick of the playoff race.

Regarding AD, I'd like to see us send him to Indiana and somehow get Harrington out of it... d
You're probably right. If Butler finds rookie season form, then maybe since he could replace Jones' production. Grant and AD is basically a wash statistically.

I'd like Harrington too, but I don't see us getting him unless we trade JC.

Maybe AD and future pick (2005 1st rounder) for Harrington and Pollard after the season could be done. Indy would probably want us to take Croshere.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Benny the Bull</b>!

You're probably right. If Butler finds rookie season form, then maybe since he could replace Jones' production. Grant and AD is basically a wash statistically.

I'd like Harrington too, but I don't see us getting him unless we trade JC.

Maybe AD and future pick (2005 1st rounder) for Harrington and Pollard after the season could be done. Indy would probably want us to take Croshere.
I think Harrington for Pollard and Croshere is probably realistically what we could get :|

I like the Jones/Grant idea, but I agree that with the Heat in the playoff race, they probably wouldn't go for it, especially since there appears to be no luxury tax coming.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
I like the Jones/Grant idea, but I agree that with the Heat in the playoff race, they probably wouldn't go for it, especially since there appears to be no luxury tax coming.
Maybe something for Paxson to pursue in the offseason, especially if they throw in their 2004 1st rounder to get the deal done.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
With that trade, we'd be left with just Dupree and Pip at SF. Not very deep (or good). Unless Jones plays SF, which would pretty much negate any advantage he still has defensively.

I don't think we'd trade for Jones without having to include Jamal in the deal. I can't see them splitting minutes at the 2 and I can't see Riley not getting a PG back in that deal. That's the one position they need. Wade could then move to his natural 2 spot.

I think something like Jamal/ERob/Fizer for Jones/Butler might be more likely (maybe another throw-in like Jeffries if the salaries don't match). And call me crazy, but I don't see Jones making us much better, if at all, than we are with Jamal. On top of that, he makes max for another three years after this season. Miami can keep him.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
JC, fizer, and robinson and filler for jones and bulter. I don't care about his knee he has the biggest heart i have even seen and JC, will the grinch has a bigger heart. The Grinch also plays better d. I would rather have someone for a few years who care more about the score (bulter) than someone who only cares how he looks (JC).

david

1 - 8 of 8 Posts