Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
14,055 Posts
mjm1 said:
Well, lets eject both wade and o'neal from the heat and see how that team fairs against the knicks.
Im not saying anything about the two teams until I get a chance to take my time and post tomorrow, but just one thing

can the heat be faulted that Sheed and Rip are hotheads? Also the Pistons are a 5 player team, the heat are a 2 really good player team. Big difference int he scenario
 

· We Just Wanna Chill
Joined
·
12,067 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:
Miami hasn't been impressive at all during their run. They are still 3 or 4 levels below Detroit. BTW, the Knicks stayed right with Miami for most of the game.
theyve been in "cruise control"....

but im not going to say more, some ppl have trouble understanding this
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,055 Posts
GrandKenyon6 said:
Miami hasn't been impressive at all during their run. They are still 3 or 4 levels below Detroit. BTW, the Knicks stayed right with Miami for most of the game.
15/16, is impressive no matter what the competition.

I said the same thing about the Nets when they won 10 straight in a cupcake schudule. Ill bring up the thread if you like. So by your logic, since the Nets one good stretch of the season wasnt against good teams, it isnt impressive? That would make the Nets even more mediocre then their record shows?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,131 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
Im not saying anything about the two teams until I get a chance to take my time and post tomorrow, but just one thing

can the heat be faulted that Sheed and Rip are hotheads? Also the Pistons are a 5 player team, the heat are a 2 really good player team. Big difference int he scenario
oh no, i realize those things. It's just the logic the thread starter used wasn't accurate. MOST likely, the pistons would have won the game easily had they had all 5 starters for the remainder of the game.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,055 Posts
mjm1 said:
oh no, i realize that. It's just the logic the thread starter was using wasnt accurate. MOST likely, the pistons would have won the game easily had they had all 5 starters.
yea, they would of no doubt....and I responded by saying its their own fault they were without the 2 players. It wasnt injury, it was just stupidity throwing the ball into the stands on rips part, and sheed was sheed
 

· We Just Wanna Chill
Joined
·
12,067 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
15/16, is impressive no matter what the competition.

I said the same thing about the Nets when they won 10 straight in a cupcake schudule. Ill bring up the thread if you like. So by your logic, since the Nets one good stretch of the season wasnt against good teams, it isnt impressive? That would make the Nets even more mediocre then their record shows?
15 of 16?
i thought the Heat were 14 of 15....oops....i lost count :biggrin:
 

· The Best
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
mjm1 said:
Well, lets eject both wade and o'neal from the heat and see how that team fairs against the knicks.
That's pathetic. You can't even compare Sheed and Rip to Wade and O'Neal. And stop making ****ing excuses, Pistons lost to the Knicks fair and square, you can't blame the Knicks for the Pistons doing stupid ****.


GrandKenyon6 said:
Miami hasn't been impressive at all during their run. They are still 3 or 4 levels below Detroit. BTW, the Knicks stayed right with Miami for most of the game.
Shows what you know.

Miami has a better record in the last 30 games then Detroit. And I would rather have a better record in the last 30 games then the first 30 games. So imagine if the Heat were playing this good the whole season AND Shaq didn't miss 18 games AND they didn't have all of the other injuries AND they didn't have a coaching change, and everything else that happened to the Heat this season. Would Detroit still hold the #1 seed in the East? Hell no.

Record in the past 30 games.
Miami: 24-6
Detroit: 22-8
 

· We Just Wanna Chill
Joined
·
12,067 Posts
myst said:
That's pathetic. You can't even compare Sheed and Rip to Wade and O'Neal. And stop making ****ing excuses, Pistons lost to the Knicks fair and square, you can't blame the Knicks for the Pistons doing stupid ****.



Shows what you know.

Miami has a better record in the last 30 games then Detroit. And I would rather have a better record in the last 30 games then the first 30 games. So imagine if the Heat were playing this good the whole season AND Shaq didn't miss 18 games AND they didn't have all of the other injuries AND they didn't have a coaching change, and everything else that happened to the Heat this season. Would Detroit still hold the #1 seed in the East? Hell no.

Record in the past 30 games.
Miami: 24-6
Detroit: 22-8
this is why these 2 teams will meet again in the ECF.

it would suck for the pistons if somehow the injury bug hits then in the playoffs after being healthy through out the whole season.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,055 Posts
mjm1 said:
well, i guess you can judge for yourselves when they play on Wednesday lol.
4th game in 5 nights on the road for the heat.....with the pistons having a day off before......dont think its a good game for conclusions to be made. Thats not how its going to be come playoff time
 

· Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I don't know if the Heat will be able to steal a home game from the pistons come playoff time. Shaq is gonna have to give them 20-10 nights in the playoffs for them to beat the pistons, or else somebody else is going to have to step up big. shaq and Wades passing is the equalizer though. this team has some shooters and wade is going to get them looks off the dribble even in the playoffs while shaq no matter his averages is gonna get guys looks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,131 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
4th game in 5 nights on the road for the heat.....with the pistons having a day off before......dont think its a good game for conclusions to be made. Thats not how its going to be come playoff time
:naughty: now now, come on. Teams all face this throughout the season but they still manage to find a way to win, especially the elite. Even still, it will be the Pistons 3rd game in 5 days.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
588 Posts
i say in a 7 game series.. once the playoffs start..
miami > pistons.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
If Miami would've kept the team last year, and with the upgrade of Wade this year I'd pick Miami. But I got to give Piston a slight edge over this year's Miami team. If Wade goes Jordan-esq everygame then Miami will win.
 
  • Like
Reactions: L

· Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
15 of 16. impressive

winning by 1 against chicago
beating boston by 3
needing OT!!! against charlotte

unimpressive
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top