Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
If Miami ends up in the finals against the spurs they might regret not getting Donyell. Their bench is weak the the spurs are deep.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
That is just a stupid no trade by the Heat. They had the option of Doleac OR wright, so why not ship Doleac out for Marshall.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Pretty sure that Doleac for Marshall straight up doesn't work and it's pretty obvious that they wouldn't do a two for one- giving up a good backup 4/5 and a high potential first rounder- for a guy they probably couldn't bring back next year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, obviously they'll shoot down that offer, seeing as Marshall's $5 million doesn't match up to Doleac's and Wright's small salaries. Even still, I wouldn't have done that if I were Miami. Eddie Jones is probably gone next year, and Dorrell Wright will finally get serious playing time, and that's where his development will start. However, they will miss a guy like Donyell Marshall down the stretch, and especially in the postseason if they have to face the Pistons, or the Spurs in the Finals.

That said, thanks for trying Babs. :)

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I think many teams, Miami included, were too reluctant to give up a lot for Marshall, seeing how there was a possibility that he could just walk away during the offseason.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Miami may not have had a great trade, but I am surprised SOME team didn't spring for Donyell. He is still a very good player and he seemed to be going pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
They REALLY like Dorrell Wright, and rightfully so.

If he pans out, they will be contenders for a long, long time. Even after Shaq. Wade + Wright is dangerous.

·
Registered
375 Posts
SkywalkerAC said:
Pretty sure that Doleac for Marshall straight up doesn't work and it's pretty obvious that they wouldn't do a two for one- giving up a good backup 4/5 and a high potential first rounder- for a guy they probably couldn't bring back next year.
exactly.. if that deal was on the table, even babcock wouldn't be stupid enough to reject that deal...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts