Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Memphis trades: SG Michael Dickerson (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg in 31.0 minutes)
PG Brevin Knight (7.0 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 5.7 apg in 21.7 minutes)
PF Stromile Swift (11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.5 minutes)
PF Tony Massenburg (5.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Memphis receives: SG Eddie Jones (18.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.2 apg in 39.0 minutes)
PG Anthony Carter (4.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 4.7 apg in 22.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -12.5 ppg, -8.6 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

Miami trades: SG Eddie Jones (18.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.2 apg in 39.0 minutes)
PG Anthony Carter (4.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 4.7 apg in 22.8 minutes)
Miami receives: SG Michael Dickerson (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg in 4 games)
PG Brevin Knight (7.0 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 5.7 apg in 53 games)
PF Stromile Swift (11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 68 games)
PF Tony Massenburg (5.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 73 games)
Change in team outlook: +12.5 ppg, +8.6 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Memphis and Miami being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Memphis and Miami had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I want comments from Heat fans. Don't be too harsh. :bbanana:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Eddie Jones is the last hope that the heat have this year. I personally don't like the idea of trading him, as good as Michael Dickerson and Stromile Swift are. Both Dickerson and Swift have 22ppg potential. Swift is still developing as a player, and it'll be interesting to see what Pat Riley can turn him into. I can see Swift as being the next Kevin Garnett...

Personally, I would like to see

1. just Anthony Carter for Swift+Dickerson.
2. just Eddie Jones for Swift+Dickerson
3. just Anthony Carter for Swift+Knight

as you can see, option 1 would be a steal... option 3 as well. option 2 is fair, but then we're giving up Eddie Jones.

I don't like the idea of obtaining Knight and Massenburg since they are pretty useless. -_-''' Massenburg, especially.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Swift would be a good pickup. He could realy blossom into a great player under the right coach. And Riley is one of the best out there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
not a bad deal ! but the thing is miami's main offensive man is eddie so when he goes i don't know who will the rely on offensively ! i haven't seen Caron Butler play ! but i think that will be a good deal! another thing is i want miami to get rid of anhony carter ! besides i can't see this happening ! we still have to give eddie a chance to show what he's got !

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
i don't think they'll trade Eddie..he's our franchise right now...

we'll give you Anthony Carter for Brevin Knight or any bum that we can cut

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i think this trade would be a good for both teams. great step in miami's rebuilding process...well on their way with a high draft pick next season. the grizz could do well with a go-to veteran at sg. i want to see stro getting playing time and producing big numbers...he needs on-court experience to start moving toward his potential. i don't see him getting enough playing time with the grizz but grant could put in time at center, opening up time at pf with the heat.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
this is a gamble, but a gamble i would like to take.
without jones, our leadership position is up for anyone to grab. this is where c-but comes in.

C -- brian grant
PF - stromile swift
SF - Caron Butler/Jim Jackson
SG - Caron Butler/michaek dickerson
PG - Brevin Knight/Travis Best

as much as i liked best even when he played for the pacers, i like Brevin knight much more cause he's the kind of player who looks to pass first, instantly making his team better. this kid could get double digits dishes coming off the bench.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
HELL NO!!!!!!:devil:

Is Dickerson a really good player when healthy?Yes!But then again,when the HELL has he ever stayed healthy for a long period of time?Also,Swift might have all the potential in the world,but as of right now all he is is an AWESOME dunker!The only problem with Swift is that he had a pin thats twice the size of his little toe put into his little toe this summer!Do we really want a player with foot problems,when 90+% of that players game relies on dunking and alley-oops?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Dickerson was never a liability for injury when the team was in Vancity. Just to let you know HeatLunatic

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Actually, now that I've thought about it a bit more, yeah, why not? Eddie for Stromile and Dickerson would be good.

Dickerson is a bit undersized, but it's never been a problem when he's healthy. Last year was the only time he was injured for a long period of time. Look at his 99-00 record. 18.2ppg! Not bad at all in 82 games! And his career average of 15.7ppg is only slightly lower than Eddie Jone's 16.6ppg career average.

Stromile Swift is talent. His stats show a steady improvement. He's just about ripe now. Obtaining him right now can only be a good thing.

Now about Anthony Carter, trading him for Massenburg isn't that much of an upgrade...

New Heat lineup:
C - Brian Grant
PF - Swift
SF - Jim Jackson
PG - Tavis Best
SG - Dickerson

That's actually not bad.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
hey, u completely forgot about knight here...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think trading Jones is out of question now. He is the main man on offense and defense. Any new guy coming in will have to learn the system which is extremely difficult. There is a reason why Riley did not trade both Grant and Jones. Watch out for Grant, he is going to have a career year. Jones will improve his average to 20+ppg. Anyone who saw the Heat last year knows that Jones is also clutch. I will not be surprised is Grant and Jones are still on the team after next season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts