Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These Miami boys are staying close with the top of the pack...hopefully come conf. tourney time we can make some noise. I'd like to see DRice show up big before he leaves Coral Gables.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
I hope that they get worked in every game for what they did to the BIG EAST.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Has anybody out there seen Guillermo Diaz enough to comment on his potential?

Between Diaz, Hite, and 2004 frosh CJ Giles the Hurricanes should have some talent, but I still can't see them competing in the new ACC.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KansasJayhawk</b>!
I hope that they get worked in every game for what they did to the BIG EAST.
I'm actually excited to see the new Big East. The hoops league just got a lot better.

Louisville
Cincy
Syracuse
Connecticut
Pittsburgh

vs

UNC
Duke
Maryland
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech

Pretty comparable if you ask me...

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the B.E. got what it deserved

its all about football--and they aren't getting us enough challenges...and since Miami is losing $$, we said GOODBYE!

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
I'd like to see DRice show up big before he leaves Coral Gables.
You mean you are not impressed with his 40% FG and 30% 3PT. 40% is damn impressive for a 6'10 power forward.

More impressive are his sissy like rebound numbers of 6.1 rebounds a game.

The guys a dud. He will not make the NBA. Deal with it.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he'll be a 1st rd pick buddy

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
He really isn't that good. :no:

·
Registered
443 Posts
He could or could not be a first round pick but I think Rice will find a niche in the NBA. He can stroke the 3-pointer from the corner which is a shot I think he'll get in the league. He can post up on small defenders and he works harder than people think. He'd be a very good risk for an early 2nd team to take.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stevie B</b>!
He could or could not be a first round pick but I think Rice will find a niche in the NBA. He can stroke the 3-pointer from the corner which is a shot I think he'll get in the league. He can post up on small defenders and he works harder than people think. He'd be a very good risk for an early 2nd team to take.
1. He has not proved he can hit the short three in college. Many, MANY big men could hit as many threes as him if they hung out on the perimeter like sissies and attepmpted 6 threes a game. He is a 30% shooter this year, 35% last year. BRUTAL!!!

2. Rice goes inside and posts up? When, where.....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Rice will go inside at times although he doesn't drive.

His numbers aren't great but he has made huge shots and did take over the Rutgers game this year in the 2nd half. He has made a number of late game 3's in his career.

He has a great stroke and can hit the NBA 3 from the corner.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stevie B</b>!
Rice will go inside at times although he doesn't drive.

His numbers aren't great but he has made huge shots and did take over the Rutgers game this year in the 2nd half. He has made a number of late game 3's in his career.

He has a great stroke and can hit the NBA 3 from the corner.
Been watching the guy for 4 years, he just isn't that good. He is the black version of Dan Langhi, only Langhi was a better shooter than him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't think the Miami team is going to stay strong too much longer....just lost home games to Villanova and Georgetown. I wonder if Perry Clark will be around much longer-I hear Miami may be interested in Mike Jarvis next year. The kid Diaz is a good player but he's only a freshman. Have fun in the ACC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Miami has dropped to the bottom of the list. Upsetting, i was hoping they might be able to pull somethin togethor this season:sigh:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
These Miami boys are staying close with the top of the pack...hopefully come conf. tourney time we can make some noise. I'd like to see DRice show up big before he leaves Coral Gables.
Yep Miami is doing one hell of a job in the "B.E." after are they are holding off St. Johns

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
They have lost 7 in a row. DRice is going to be out for the Providence and UConn game. They might keep this losing streak going till the end of the season.:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts