Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6'5 PG who is a wildly creative passer, great rebounder at PG, is averaging 3.8 steals and a block on defense, and is scoring 12 points on over 50% from the field so far this season.

Where do you guys see this kid getting drafted? I feel like he is going to start skyrocketing up big boards as the season progresses.

DrafExpress

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
He is very Penny Hardaway. But he needs to work on his handle and his 3 point shot

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
He willed Cuse to back to back victories over Louisville and Cincinnati this long weekend. His shot isn't always pretty, but I think Jim Boeheim summed it up well.

“I can’t cook,” the SU coach said, “but if I believed in my cooking the way Michael Carter-Williams does (his shooting), I would win Iron Chef. And I can’t boil water.”

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
I think Carter-Williams is my favorite prospect in this draft, based on what I've seen so far (which isn't much). He needs to tighten up his handle, and become a more consistent shooter, but the potential is there for him to be a pretty solid pro.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I think Carter-Williams is my favorite prospect in this draft, based on what I've seen so far (which isn't much). He needs to tighten up his handle, and become a more consistent shooter, but the potential is there for him to be a pretty solid pro.
his frame is kinda holding him back at the PG position. 6'6 with them long arms is the reason for his ball handle trouble

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I have my eye on him for the Hornets. I love his passing ability.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd enjoy seeing him drop to the Pistons and then they can play him and Knight together.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do people think of him? I can't help it, I think he's great. To me he's in the same mold as a Ricky Rubio.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
What do people think of him? I can't help it, I think he's great. To me he's in the same mold as a Ricky Rubio.
There is times he tries to hard to score. He needs to stop that and do what he does best use his size and pass the ball

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree, he is not a player without flaws that's for sure. His passing ability is so great though, I think he's a guy people will enjoy playing with at the next level.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
To me he's completely undraftable in the lottery. His shot is so bad that it undermines everything he does well.
his size,passing and defense > his shot. his shot can be fixes with NBA coaches/work/veteran team mates

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
He runs the pick and roll better than most college point guards and is a good passer, but he's not a virtuoso. He is still constantly getting in trouble by leaving his feet. His shot has regressed and he isn't finishing at the rim anymore. His assist numbers went up in the big east tournament because Southerland went blazing hot from the three point line.

How many Syracuse players have looked good defensively in college and then struggled in the NBA? Every single one of them ever? Boeheim's zone does not prepare guys to be NBA players.

I think he's played his way out of the top 10. He will go somewhere where he fits but nobody is going to try to fit themselves to him like it looked like they would a couple months ago.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts