Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bulls are reported to be trading Tony Snell for Michael Carter-Williams.

It looks like the Bulls decided that Denzel Valentine has shown enough promise to be the primary backup behind McDermott.

Michael Carter-Williams joins Jerian Grant, Spencer Dinwiddie and others trying to earn backup minutes at Point Gaurd behind Rajon Rondo.

This is does not seem to be a great move for the Bulls, although I doubt there was a lot of bidders for Tony Snell. Carter-Williams does not have the outside shot the Bulls need. However, he is a tall, athletic Point Gaurd.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
His primary strengths as a basketball player at the moment are on-ball defense against 1's and 2's and distributing the ball in open court scenarios. In both of those areas I would see he's slightly above league average ability. In all other areas, he's probably below average at his position.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Bulls released Spencer Dinwiddie along with a few others. This leaves Canaan and Grant in competition with Carter Williams for minutes as the backup behind Rondo. I would expect the Bulls to only carry 2 of the 3. My guess is that Canaan is probably on the bubble at this point. However, Canaan is the best 3 point shooter of the bunch, so he may stick.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carter Williams is now out for at least 3 - 4 weeks with an injury. Canaan will be the main back up to Rondo instead of Grant.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now he is hurt again, with a bone chip in his wrist. The news reports have him out another 6 weeks or so.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carter-Williams got a start vs the Bucks, with Rondo moved to the bench. Jerian Grant was the main backup. Rondo's time as a starter for the Bulls may be over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts