Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this isn't a troll thread. I searched up this kind of thread so my bad if I should've bumped one of the old threads.

Jordan supposedly pushing off Bryon Russell has to be one of the biggest lies in nba history. Jordan's left hand didn't even graze Russell. I might catch flack for this, but I still stand by that statement. Perhaps the refs didn't call an offensive foul because there was none.

At 5:36 of this video, I was convinced that Russell got crossed over, plain and simple.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
You're arguing that something that wasn't called wasn't a foul? Shouldn't someone that thinks it was a push-off be the one to start the thread?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always thought he barely touched him, and that Russell's momentum did most of the work...
yeah I know where you're coming from

You're arguing that something that wasn't called wasn't a foul? Shouldn't someone that thinks it was a push-off be the one to start the thread?
maybe this isn't thread worthy but I just wanted to get this off my chest. the majority believe it was a push-off so I probably won't change their opinion.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
As a Jazz fan at the time, I never blamed Russell or the refs for that play. I have always blamed Karl Malone for holding that ball too low and too long and letting MJ pick his pocket on what turned out to be the defining play of his career. One of the many reasons Tim Duncan will always be better than him.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
his hand gently cupped Russell's firm round right buttock and pushed with a flick of his supple wrist :)12 mark in rwe's video) {pause}

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
He grazed him. He certainly made contact, but it wasn't a push. Russel was screwed from the moment he entered the NBA. His destiny was to be in that video plain and simple...much like Frederich Weiss' destiny was to be completely nutsacked by Vince in the Olympics.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
yeah I know where you're coming from

maybe this isn't thread worthy but I just wanted to get this off my chest. the majority believe it was a push-off so I probably won't change their opinion.
No mockery intended but in my minds eye I just imagine you stewing for years. Every time you hear Jordan or Russell or Bulls or Jazz... your rage building bit by bit. A look of hatred in your eyes at the mere thought that out there are folks thinking Jordan could have pushed off. A tangible aura of anger and pain forming about you anytime someone even alludes to that game. Building until finally you can't take it anymore. And your options are vent or shoot up an elementary school basketball squad.

We're glad you vented buddy. We're glad you vented.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He grazed him. He certainly made contact, but it wasn't a push. Russel was screwed from the moment he entered the NBA. His destiny was to be in that video plain and simple...much like Frederich Weiss' destiny was to be completely nutsacked by Vince in the Olympics.
He probably did graze him just before he made the pseudo penetration when he was leaning forward with the ball. I don't see the mythical slap to Russell's back though.

No mockery intended but in my minds eye I just imagine you stewing for years. Every time you hear Jordan or Russell or Bulls or Jazz... your rage building bit by bit. A look of hatred in your eyes at the mere thought that out there are folks thinking Jordan could have pushed off. A tangible aura of anger and pain forming about you anytime someone even alludes to that game. Building until finally you can't take it anymore. And your options are vent or shoot up an elementary school basketball squad.

We're glad you vented buddy. We're glad you vented.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using VerticalSports.Com App

:cheers:

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Even if it was a push off no official would make that call in that situation on that iconic of a player..thats just how the nba works..if thats ron harper instead of michael jordan maybe we are having a different conversation

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
He could of pushed off technically, but Jordan was crouched down dribbling and with his hand on his hamstring thats not enough to make a 220 pound man physically move.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts