Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** This is basically based on my opinions and hopes not facts and observations**

Overall: Well the last couple of years we've sucked, often and consistently. Hopefully the players will adjust to Tommy's system and the offense and defense will improve. Around 18-12 NIT at the worst NCAA at best (..please god...).

Deflections: Chris Young (grad). Well its good because only one player left, its bad because Chris was the only consistend post player we had, and now we only have freshman.

Additions: I don't know if Amaker can couch but the man sure as hell can recruit. Top 10 recruiting class, and get this, they arrived on campus this time. McDs AA in Dan Horton our PG of the future, Lester Abram top 3 player in Michigan winner of state championship, Chris Hunter, Amadou Ba and Grahm Brown all 3 of which are 6'9 or over. The foundation is laid.

PG: -Dan Horton. The freshman sensation. Does he live up to they hype? As long as he provides defense, stability and an offensive threat he's a major improvement.
-Avery Queen. What can I say, besides the fact that he must be 5'3...in shoes. He's quick and thats about it.

SG: -Dominic Ingerson. Mad talent...and just seems to be mad. If he can control his temper and learn the 4th letter in the alphabet then he'll be a player and a half
-Lester Abram. Lefty, besides that I don't know much. From everything I heard the kid's a player, glue on defense and money on offense, but we'll see.

SF: -Bernard Robinson Jr. Most talented kid on the team, maybe in the big10. It's just a matter of weather or not he uses that talent and his head.
-Gavin Groniger. Supposidly a "sharpshooter" but last year he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Hopefully he'll get regulated to scrub time.

PF: -LaVell Blanchard. This is his year. So far he hasn't come close to living up to hi HS POY potential...for many different reasons. If he wants to the see the NCAAs and get drafted he has to take this team on his back and play big every game.
-Chuck Baily. Undersized for the 4 but we've been undersized at every position for the last couple years so why the hell not. He gives the team a lot of hustle.

C: -Grahm Brown. Wide body, banger
-Chris Hunter. Skinny, more skilled. Should see time at PF and maybe SF.

*Ba and Mathis (C, PF) will be elidgeble next year.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I like Michigan only not when they play the Gophers. I think they are one of the biggest underachieveing teams in the country over the past 1-2 years. Bernard should be way better than he is, damn he has not even improved since his great FOSH season, lengthy guy, makes plays, very good athlete, left handed, ok jump shot, not great handle but ok and really attacks the hoop and can make plays. And LaVell, I feel sorry for him, a player of his character and quality should not be on such a bad team, just think if he went to a school where he could shine on a bigger stage. But it is a credit to his character that he did not transfer. Ingerson is a very good player, great shooter, might be the best 3 point guy in the league, and makes clutch shots to. Dan Horton I think is the key to there season, if he plays well at PG and makes shots they could be something. Only problem is that there post game sucks so they can't get double teams off of a 4 or 5 so then must penetrate to get open three's and that is where Queen comes in.

Should be a good team, and I really hope Robinson produces this year, but when they play the Gophers at the barn (I will be there) they will get pounded by Kane, Rickert, Hagen, and Holman down low:grinning:

P.S. Since your a Michigan fan where did the big 7-1 300 center Josh Moore transfer to? And I think it was a bad idea not keeping that kid, because they probably could have convinced him to stay but he was not productive on the court so they let him go.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember reading that Josh Moore never even showed up for finals...so basically school wise he was put on probation then there was a falling out between him and the coaches. Basketball wise he basically had the attitude "i'm so big that I'll be in the NBA so I don't have to work on my game", he just seems to be another bad seed from the Ellerbe era.

I completely agree that we have underacheived but thats been basically because of our inconsistent coaching and horrendous defense. As for LaVall I agree somewhat, but the thing is that he never shows up when it counts. Most of his stats come in garbage time. The problem with is he doesn't really have a position. He is too slow for the three and too short for the PF. I still can't badmouth him because he did stick around and he has lead us in boards and points every year hes been here. From everything I've read BRJ is gonna bust out and then go NBA...and It sounds like LaVell has been working his *** off this summer because he's tired of losing but we'll see. Dan Horton will be key but not as much as Brown and Hunter, our only big men. If they can be solid and not foul out every game we should be allright.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts