Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Awesome, great to see our teams get some recognition in poll from peer programs. Here's to hoping one of our schools breaks into the Top 25, and that the school is Vermont!

;)

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, great to see our teams get some recognition in poll from peer programs. Here's to hoping one of our schools breaks into the Top 25, and that the school is Vermont!

;)
Not my preference of teams breaking into the top 25...but you have your bias and I have mine...

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remember when people said UA would take a big step back without Logan and Suero?

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Remember when people said UA would take a big step back without Logan and Suero?
Yeah, apparently those people missed last season when Albany played better at the end of the season w/out Suero and Aronhalt.

When people were saying UA was the favorite if both of them returned all I could think of was....how? That same group was 0-7 against UVM, SBU, and BU.

Only way Albany was getting better as a team was if those two players didn't return. Truth.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, apparently those people missed last season when Albany played better at the end of the season w/out Suero and Aronhalt.

When people were saying UA was the favorite if both of them returned all I could think of was....how? That same group was 0-7 against UVM, SBU, and BU.

Only way Albany was getting better as a team was if those two players didn't return. Truth.
Bolded for the really relevant point...this is a better TEAM. I would actually say by a significant margin.

BTW, good call on your part, I remember you making this point. Long way to go...

·
Banned
6,174 Posts
I thought they needed atleast 1 of those players. Having two good offensive players on the wings that play no defense isnt a recipe for success. I really thought they could of used 1 of those players. They prolly would still be playing good with 1 of them.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, still a bit disappointed in our D...I thought we'd be a bit more solid. Def Eff. numbers are below average in D1. Perhaps a product of playing some really up teams like Ohio St and Washington and even really athletic (not necessarily good) Duquesne and Wagner clubs.

I guess the next few games will paint a more complete picture.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
No vote for Maine after beating Siena...damn it. No respect...LOL

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
UVM and SBU to me appear to be the class of the AE

UA is still a work in progress,still has a flucuating rotation and hoping to get Devlin on track and the 3 JCs intergrated into play.

I think UA has the potential to continue to improve and be consistent.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
UVM and SBU to me appear to be the class of the AE

UA is still a work in progress,still has a flucuating rotation and hoping to get Devlin on track and the 3 JCs intergrated into play.

I think UA has the potential to continue to improve and be consistent.
you are sandbagging...

I do think it is hard to tell which of the three is beter at this point. I would guess 1) UVM 2) UA 3) SBU, but they are all pretty close. UVM has greatly exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
you are sandbagging...

I do think it is hard to tell which of the three is beter at this point. I would guess 1) UVM 2) UA 3) SBU, but they are all pretty close. UVM has greatly exceeded my expectations. - hoopcat
Think what you will but there is no need to sandbag - UA has played fairly well but I am not ready to drink the purple Kool Aid YET.

I am concerned about consistency, decision making and rebounding. UVM and SBU seem ahead of UA

·
Registered
928 Posts
Think what you will but there is no need to sandbag - UA has played fairly well but I am not ready to drink the purple Kool Aid YET.

I am concerned about consistency, decision making and rebounding. UVM and SBU seem ahead of UA
I dont think that we will be able to tell how good UA truly is til we get to conference play. While I think they have and will end up having the best OOC win against a great opponent in Washington, they probably have the softer of the three schedules between UVM, SBU, and UA going forward. Like I said in another thread, I do expect them to go 11-3 or 12-2 heading into conference play...if they have a couple bad nights possibly 10-4 which is very good. UVM has a few more teams that are equal to them or a tad bit better them on their schedule, where SBU has 3 games against teams that are way better than them left. I expect both UVM and SBU to finish somewhere around 5-6 losses heading into conference play.

It will be an interesting race.

·
Premium Member
33,201 Posts
Albany, SBU, and Vermont have been most impressive to me this far.

Out of the 3 Albany has the most impressive results IMO. Win over Washington, Wagner, others plus close loss to Loyola.

UVM has second most impressive win against Harvard at home IMO

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont think that we will be able to tell how good UA truly is til we get to conference play. While I think they have and will end up having the best OOC win against a great opponent in Washington, they probably have the softer of the three schedules between UVM, SBU, and UA going forward. Like I said in another thread, I do expect them to go 11-3 or 12-2 heading into conference play...if they have a couple bad nights possibly 10-4 which is very good. UVM has a few more teams that are equal to them or a tad bit better them on their schedule, where SBU has 3 games against teams that are way better than them left. I expect both UVM and SBU to finish somewhere around 5-6 losses heading into conference play.

It will be an interesting race.
Rpi forecast.... Great site, predicts the following ooc sos.. Uvm - 274, sbu - 230, ua - 275....expects ua to finish at 10-4 ooc. So I don't think there is a huge sos difference. Names are one thing, but these numbers are more reflective.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Btw... I love the above site... It's very accurate and good... Fun to follow. Predicts the AE will finish 22...that's excellent.. I would take it considering the last few years.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using VerticalSports.Com App

1 - 20 of 54 Posts